So why did you join ARBTALK?

s.varty

Can't remember exactly, i think i did just search for an 'arboriculture forum' on google. No regrets, though. I won a ms260 and got lot's of work in the last part of 2009 as a direct result of browsing here :thumbup1: and i'd like to think i'm a bit more clued up with tree work from being here.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(i'm a joiner by trade with links to transportation )Came accross it through google, was playing about one day and wanted information on something and came accross it, never looked back, not a pro or even do any real felling, but have never felt out of place on here, people are so willing to help each other out its unreal, just like having a live encyclopedia. Brilliant.

I joined to aid my studies, keep up to date with current issues in arb, meet new people, ask questions, and to find out what is going on in my area.

I think its a fun, informative forum with a great cross section of chaps and chapesses who all bring a little something to the forum.

:001_smile:

We need more women in arb! :thumbup:

I've been a member of the Arb Association for a few years - get the regular publications, bought the safety book/CD etc. BUT there was no easy access to answers/advice on specific issues.

I stumbled on this site (no memory of how) and thought 'This is what was missing'.

Very useful to get others ideas and opinions. I notice on here lots of different advice/opinions with a common comment being 'If you didn't want others opinions - don't ask'.

It's that kind of honesty which encourages a broader outlook and develops everybody's knowledge.

Everyone on here wants to do a better job. Perfect!

Googled looking for some information on some tree's I was working on and this site came up. Having spent ages reading and learning more and more I have found an absolute wealth of knowledge on here from reading through old posts and all in all it seems to be a great thing for the industry.

It's a shame other industries don't have such a great meeting place for professionals to talk to one another and develop more knowledge they can use in their day to day work whilst having a bit of a laugh at the same time.