Guilty twinges?

djbobbins

I guess I am feeling twinges of guilt (hence the need for catharsis by writing this) but just wondered what anyone else thought.

We needed to do the weekly grocery shop today, so the wife stayed at home with the kids and I got the Trooper out. The good karma bit of my day was that I deliberately went round to speak to the elderly next door neighbours to check whether they needed anything.

On the way back from the shop, I stopped at a junction and saw on the other side of the road a guy of about 30 kicking snow away from the front wheels of a Saxo VTR. He was trying to turn off the main road, up a slight slope onto a D road (i.e. country lane) which is only a rat run to another A road, but not having any success. He was in shirt sleeves and presumably had neither coat nor shovel.

So my twinge of guilt is that I didn't stop to help, but then I kind of thought that if he hadn't got the brains to help himself by (a) taking a coat, (b) taking a shovel, or © sticking to the main roads - which were driveable in 2wd vehicles, then he probably needed to learn a lesson from it. I guess my mood at the time wasn't helped by some local teenage toerag having having lobbed a snowball at me through the window of my car.

So - should I be guilty? Or had I done my good deed in offering to help elderly neighbours and the guy out on the road was just due the snow version of a Darwin Award?

There, there, there.

You did just the right thing.

If you had helped him, he would probably carried on, not taking responsibility for his actions, and careered off the road at the next sharp corner.

rekon you saved his life, and just before christmas.

you may sleep the sleep of the just tonight.

neither, you have no idea what the guy was doing, thinking, expecting. So you are basing your guilt on your assumption.:001_rolleyes: If you were wanting to honestly be concerned maybe his pregnant wife was in the back, he had just had his jacket stolen and he had just broke his shovel, now there is a guilt trip for you:sneaky2: OR he might of been stealing the guys whos wifes is pregnants car and by not helping you actually saved the day for the near future.:thumbup1:

You have your own safety and family to look after, you made a split second decision based on the information given to you, he is a big boy, nothing looked untoward, now give yourself a break, throw another log on the fire and have a ferero rochete and feel good about yourself.:thumbup:

Ask yourself this

Would Saxo VTR man stop and render help to another? Probably not, his priorities more than likely lie in nuts magazine and hair products and as you say he is a grown up and the author of his own misfortune.

Looking after the elderlies is however a proper and righteous thing to do and I commend you for it.

neither, you have no idea what the guy was doing, thinking, expecting. So you are basing your guilt on your assumption.:001_rolleyes: If you were wanting to honestly be concerned maybe his pregnant wife was in the back, he had just had his jacket stolen and he had just broke his shovel, now there is a guilt trip for you:sneaky2: OR he might of been stealing the guys whos wifes is pregnants car and by not helping you actually saved the day for the near future.::

You have your own safety and family to look after, you made a split second decision based on the information given to you, he is a big boy, nothing looked untoward, now give yourself a break, throw another log on the fire and have a ferero rochete and feel good about yourself.:t:

:congrats:

Words of wisdom mate, words of wisdom!!!!!!:thumbup1:

If you stopped to help every numpty who's got into difficulties because he insisted on negotiating the bad road conditions in an inappropriate vehicle you'd never get your groceries.

If I scream 'muppet' at one more of them I think I'll get stuck on repeat.

If you stopped to help every numpty who's got into difficulties because he insisted on negotiating the bad road conditions in an inappropriate vehicle you'd never get your groceries.

If I scream 'muppet' at one more of them I think I'll get stuck on repeat.

:congrats:

Words of wisdom mate, words of wisdom!!!!!! :sneaky2: