Crap day

Hodge

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was felling 20+inch norway spruces (with a ms 230 I will add:biggrin:) got saw stuck on a 16 foot length about 23 inch-ish big so went to butt to lift up to realase saw and it rolled on to my left hand trapping my 2 fingers:blushing:

Tried lifting myself out couldnt lift, hurt back had to scream at a mate to get me out had to cut 2 foot away from the but. I just looked at my mangled fingers and thought oh well its broken, carry on, there was a massive dent in my index finger.

pain went about half hour after:thumbup:

My little lads just chucked up over me:thumbdown: Does that count:thumbup:

Other than that

Truck started no problems

Padlocks frozen but had lots of warm urine

Bacon butties came out this morning

And wifey had the tea ready when i got home

:thumbup:

the major froze up over the weekend....

granddad showed me an old trick....

start small fire underneath her, thawed her out nicely :001_smile::thumbup:

I remember my mate telling me when we were nippers how his Dad used to do that.

Driving home one day heard sirens and could see a plume of smoke coming from their place.

He'd lit a fire under an old International they had for scraping; he was a bit over-zealous and there was all manner of oil and shite all over the sump.

Bye bye tractor, bye bye shed, bye bye straw!!!!

Managed to dump the ute into a ditch the first day it snowed in Northamptonshire!! Only doing about twenty five mph and the chipper sort of pulled at the rear of the ute (sideways slipping on the ice) and the rest of the van obliged and we gently slid sideways into the ditch. Chipper hit one side of the van and then skidded round and hit the other side!! Damage under the rear of one of the lights pulled one tyre off the rim and damaged the box that has the battery in it on the chipper!! We had very little damage so i would say although you might think it was a bad day i got out unscathed and that was good enough for me. £20 to get out of ditch £14 to put tyre back on rim and put back on van and good friend fixed the box for free. Went home after that while i was still alive:lol:

just got all set up for a good days work lastweek, six guys working away dismantling 2x sensible sized ash trees when the one chipper onsite started misfiring under load:thumbdown:, it was quickly traced to ice cubes inside the fuel filters:blushing: they were melted out using the exhaust on deans mewp and back to work (phew) within 20mins:thumbup1:

597658d66f120_ash015.jpg.4451fdd38d3cd5b4fd31d46ceca0e2ac.jpg