Getting too old to climb...

MrArb

6 years since I posted on this thread.

41 now, still climbing.

I don't train anymore which means I'm not as strong for the ascents but I also don't lift tons of logs by hand as I invested in a digger and grab so my backs a lot better!

😆 I was reading page one a moment ago and your post mentioning your 35 and thinking of your Facebook post and thought damn time has t been kind to Stevie he looks like a man in his 40's.

I think time can be unkind and the work we expose ourselves to may not help you have to learn and adapt by listening to your body and trying to either alter your techniques, look after yourself more and improve your way of working I certainly could hand ball out timber onto the back of a truck all day anymore neither would I want to.

For me I found the longer I did the job and older I got the easier it became because I became stronger, learned to pace myself and improve my technique.

Started aged 16- 17 in England.Did tree climbing /forestry related work until 92 when i came to Oz with no intention of carrying on that career.

Started my own tree business in 2004 and climbed for 2 years full time.Decided there had to be a better more efficient way as the environment can be a bit of a killer here (suffered alot from arm and leg cramps)

Bought Mewps instead.

Rarely climb at all now and i don't employ a climber either

Just about have mechanized the whole operation bar the raking

Started aged 16- 17 in England.Did tree climbing /forestry related work until 92 when i came to Oz with no intention of carrying on that career.

Started my own tree business in 2004 and climbed for 2 years full time.Decided there had to be a better more efficient way as the environment can be a bit of a killer here (suffered alot from arm and leg cramps)

Bought Mewps instead.

Rarely climb at all now and i don't employ a climber either

Just about have mechanized the whole operation bar the raking

Sounds like you've got it sussed.

I did read it as you climbed/did forestry related work till the age of 92 at first though!

I reckon keep doing whatever you're doing while you're still enjoying it.

There's folk out there doing all sorts of jobs until all sorts of ages because they love doing what they're doing.

When you start thinking 'I'm too old for this' it's not cause you're too old it's more that you just ain't liking it no more!

:001_smile:

There's folk out there doing all sorts of jobs until all sorts of ages because they love doing what they're doing.

When you start thinking 'I'm too old for this' it's not cause you're too old it's more that you just ain't liking it no more!

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

You ain't liking it anymore.....cos you're too old!

• Haha 1