log theft result

Busy Daddy

So where would you draw the line Lee??

If your house is bigger than mine am I free to steal from you??

Have you any idea how the mega wealthy landed gentry acquired such obscene amounts of land and property? the bible says ''its far easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven'' taking away the religious connotation, the point is still a valid one...........

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind how they got it Lee- the 'they' that earned the wealth did so by usually being what would nowadays be seen as unacceptable or underhand or inhuman practices. Some gained their wealth through purely humanitarian or inventive methods. At the end of the day, the old money nowadays inherited their wealth (those that still have any that is!), so to bang the drum of social injustice and ill-gotten gains has really worn a bit thin. Besides, it is also worth noting that practices seen as wrong nowadays, were acceptable in the past, eg when we had an empire. It is also worth noting that alot of the gentry in this country were also the captains of industry and war that made this country what it is and allowed the systems we have in place nowadays to come into fruition in the first place.:001_smile:

Anyway, talking about money is a bit vulgar isnt it?:blushing:

Question.

Were they taking the logs because they are impoverished and cannot afford to buy logs (TAX, insurance etc)

or

Were they taking the logs because they think that other peoples property can be taken as they have as much right to it? The van doesn't need taxing testing and mot for their purposes?

We had an incident on a site i manage. We had told some volunteers working on a station restoration project to leave the trees alone as we would fell them because we are covered under the insurance as we have the tickets. One of the guys there didnt listen and took down 20 trees. Sadly the 20th one was a very heavy leaner and he just cut in from the back. It barbers chaired to about 25 ft high and the tree flung him back 15 ft. He is now in a wheelchair but whats worse is he was trying to sue us for allowing him to do the tree work. Even though we put a massive poster up saying leave marked trees alone for professionals.

HI LEE on our local large estate mate they have a nice new fent tracror IS OK to go around help my self i tell them lee sent me round mate :lol::lol:

Just acquire it for as long as you need it mate, tell them its now the new workers cooperative tractor, they'll understand, any problems contact me, and I'll send them to a gulag...............:thumbup: