New inexpensive climbing kit...

Xerxses

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello Kevin, glad you've taken the time to come & interact on this one.

When I talked about tested to destruction, I was really refering to how it may hinder rescue etc in a fail, rather than lead to a major safety issue. I should of been clearer

How long have been developing the idea?

good luck with it, btw :thumbup1:

your right about the patent thing. Its almost too simple for patenting. I will try and see. I have a year to figure all that out with my provisional patent (thus, the patent pending) who knows what will come of that. I think it would be great if climbers were to just make their own. All that is needed is a hammer handle, a 5/8 drill bit, and a dremmel tool or a good whittling knife. I am also offering custom made singing trees for the time being if you want to contact me.

I guess this is a continuation of the F8 revolver idea which i started climbing on 2 years ago.. I made my first singing tree at the end of september. I have been making different models and shapes since then but they all work to varying degrees. nothing too complicated and I can see that it will be a continually evolving tool. I havent been able to keep my mouth shut about it and I feel like the input of other climbers is great.

Very smooth.

I remember your F8 Revolver vid, and liked that, but thought it was a bit too gear-intensive for my simple ways.

This looks really good, but as others have said, I doubt every climber would make it look that good!

I'm interested in learning more.:thumbup1:

Yes steve that was me with Rich in Baltimore, will you be in Pittsburgh this year?

I like the idea of the wood inside of metal but I think that would raise the cost and Im not sure if its necessary to make these things uber strong as they are not life support. As long as your hitch is bomber you wont go anywhere. I also want to make them so they attach midline but that also will increase the cost and the complexity. My problem now is making them strong enough not to break but not cause interference to the climber. Also there is a right length that is required to provide the proper leverage. Too short and it doesnt twist the rope enough, too long and the stick is capable of poking one in the eye.