cheap way to empty your pickup

mikeyg

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
So how are these load handlers getting on now? Still liking them? How well do they work with over 3000lbs on them?

Can't help you there; I've got a pickup, not a muckaway! But I have no problem with a full load of chip or logs. Still liking it.

nice idea with the load handler.

i'm not so keen on the second one, it concentrates a hell of a lot of weight right on the end of the tailgate. you could only use light stuff or have to support the tailgate with something.

Can't you unclip your tailgates rope supports? I can with my ranger. That way it won't be a problem. These american firms think of everything. They appear much further along the line than here in many ways. If you wished, maybe you could fit a hydro pump to the liner and unload it that way when on the move. Or if its something heavy or you can't manage

Can't help you there; I've got a pickup, not a muckaway! But I have no problem with a full load of chip or logs. Still liking it.

Me too but 3000lbs is only about 1300kg which i can easily exceed...Anyway How are you getting on with it with whatever sort of loads your unloading with it?

Me too but 3000lbs is only about 1300kg which i can easily exceed...Anyway How are you getting on with it with whatever sort of loads your unloading with it?

I use it for chip and logs. The only issues (which the seller John Blevins pointed out to me) lie with the vehicle rather than the loadhandler; stuff does get caught a bit on the front of the wheel arches.

On average I'd say the handler clears 90% of the load with the vehicle pulled forwards a few feet halfway through. You do get the odd sticky one though (!) where a lump sits at the front of the buck but that's life.

Jon

Seem's alright, I don;t mind having to kick out afew odd left over as long as the bulk of it get's dragged out, i was worried with larger umps of timber they may pint he sheet down and tear it or just make it impossible to wind it along, but if its working all good for you thats alright:001_smile: how's the sheet holding up? is ity easy to replace or something you need to go back to the seller for?

Also do you know what one would cost for a 8' bed? I rang John earlier but got no answer.

The sheet's in perfect order; not even a tear. The open end frays a bit but gaffer tape or some nylon stitching would easily sort that.

A lump of wood won't pin the sheet down. The only thing likely to stop it is a rough bed underneath it but my corrugated plastic bedliner is fine.

I paid £176 inc VAT about a year ago so I'm guessing £180.

"Necessity is the mother of all invention". The load handler has been available here in the states now for several years now. That being said I have only seen one in use and the customer was very happy with the unit she had for her Ford F150 truck with the 8' bed. "Did I mention that she was about 5' tall and about 110 lbs"

Here in SW Florida and for most of the state during the rainy season a load of material can become very heavy after a short period of rain fall. I believe with dry goods such as rock shell sand or dirt the product can and will do fine. Wet goods on the other hand may be a different story, my opinion only. Good luck with your investment working smarter, not harder.