cheap way to empty your pickup

mikeyg

Had mine about 6 or 8 months now . well pleased . Keep an eye on the handle . have left it places on occasions as it can just drop out when you stop winding . Small thing .

Exactly as: im on my second home made handle , problem is im usually talking to the customer about the weather etc and put the handle down and forget about it, in the old days kids had their gloves on elastic conected to their coat.............just an idea

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had mine about 6 or 8 months now . well pleased . Keep an eye on the handle . have left it places on occasions as it can just drop out when you stop winding . Small thing .

Mine needs to be dayglo with a homing beacon. I've left it in several places; I once did a hairy dash back to the green waste site to excavate it before it went through the shredder. Old age coming on I expect...

Exactly as: im on my second home made handle , problem is im usually talking to the customer about the weather etc and put the handle down and forget about it, in the old days kids had their gloves on elastic conected to their coat.............just an idea

Mine needs to be dayglo with a homing beacon. I've left it in several places; I once did a hairy dash back to the green waste site to excavate it before it went through the shredder. Old age coming on I expect...

As Arbtalk members, never be afraid to tell us you've lost your handle.... :bawling: Just give us a ring :thumbup:

Out of interest how much is a new handle? because it wont be long before i loose another one

Ok - Loadhandler 2200M replacement handles are normally £15.50 + £4.50P&P + VAT = £24.00 all in :001_huh:

Arbtalk mates rates - new handle for £16.50 INC VAT & First Class Post :thumbup1:

Limited number at this price.

If you want one, give either me (Curtis) or Sally a ring on 01732 763637 and say those magic words "I have lost my handle and now can't crank any more" to claim your discounted spare part :blushing:

Cn the handle just not be put on a bit of string?? It's a simple thing I know but is it possible?

Possible but awkward. However I may just give it a go: it makes sense to keep the whole appliance together as most of the time the rolled up sheet hangs in the garage and the handle lives under the driver's seat.

Serves me right really for leaving the handle in gardens, woodland, green waste heaps...

The simple ideas are the best - cheers. :thumbup1:

Originally, in the US, the handles had a sprung ball 'detent' that allowed them to lock onto the bar and stay in place. The handles were longer too.

Unfortunately lots of chappies like us Stateside left them in place during transport - and thus Ben Hur's chariot was invented.......:confused1:

Hence the 'easy to fall out' re-design.

Ever thought of using your Loadhandler to gently wind out and spread salt / grit during ice and snow?