forestry gear

xringphil

How much money do you have for toys?

My favourite woodland toy is a Valtra A92 with 6.5 tonne winch and a loader that will lift 1.8 tonne. But at nearly 35 grand its a very expensive woodland toy. Roof mounted Botex crane on a Valmet is also very helpful again very expensive.

A winch is a great thing to have in the woods. As is a very good cant hook.

Heres some stuff that i think are very handy "toys" in the wood.

Felling lever(s), meh people think they are gay but i have found them very helpfull in some oak and cherry first thinnings we were doing, also handy as a cant hook in the wood to save taking a fancy mill yard one in :001_smile:

Logging belt, handy if your doing small stuff that needs to be stacked for extraction, i have one but havent used it that much really, only on some first thinnings, most of the stuff we fell is to big to use some little tongs on aha, so i just hook the logging tape onto my trousers saves carrying around a lot of stuff you dont need.

Wedges!!! Need loads of these little gems!!! I have both plastic and big old metal ones and i must admit the only times the plastic ones get used are when using the bandsaw or alaskan to open up the saw cut, when felling you cant beat a big old metal wedge, and the sound they make when banging them is the sound of real logging ahaha :lol:

Ear Defenders with a radio :thumbup: I want a set of these too, they are amazing!!! ahaha

Now for the BIG TOY!

You dont need to spend 35 grand on a valtra with a winch and loader, all ya need is a fordson with a cookes winch on the back :thumbup:

DSC00297.jpg.b9e02ed384a9bb240f2d83d2498c276b.jpg