Weighed off the landy

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we fill a 17 tonner most days and use hiab for timber as a 3 man team we are more profitable than the ldv team even taking costs into account and its impossible to overload us and no probs with how much kit we take the ldv only takes minimal kit whereas i can take 2 flasks and my wallet

I can get 4 tonnes (11m3)in my 7.5 tonner, I can pull a 2 tonne chipper whilst fully loaded and still get 20+mpg, carry all my tools and kit, and even pull a 3.5 tonne trailer without it bashing me around. I bet I can get it into places a transit wont go either, as I have a far superior steering lock.

If you go to a weighbridge to check your weight and you're over, what happens? Can you drive away with the load or do you have leave some behind? Will they report you?

Would be very unlikely that they would report you, and i doubt they would want you to drop some load in their yard.

The onus is put on you as you are obviously made aware of your own overloading.

The ministry can, and do sometimes inspect weighbridge tickets. As i believe, most weighbridges only have registration marks on the tickets(unless it has changed recently) and therefore there is little chance the ministry would know the gross weight of the vehicle, unless they checked with DVLA.

Sometimes the ministry also await vehicles leaving bridges.

I asked this question and they said if you are traveling and weighing off to check your weight then there's not a problem as long as you go to the nearest weighbridge and back to the yard you loaded from to sort out the weight difference.

Provided of course it is not rediculously over.