Advice needed!Very akward, arrogant boss!!!!

badger wrestler

Hi everyone!

wanted some advice on a very akward arrogant boss! He owns a number of properties which are in conservation areas. He keeps on asking me todo work on treework on trees with TPOs and trees in con areas. When i ask if he has permission he says he has but when I insist on seeing the relevant paperwork he can never provide it and puts me on a guilt trip for not trusting him!he then gets really pissed off and makes out I am some sort of law abiding freak who is detatched from the real world. I normally check up online to see if he has made any planning applications but he hasnt. I have always steered clear of doing dodgy illegal tree work and want to keep it that way.

I am just trying to maintain a professional outlook and I value my career too much to be pissing about on trees that I shouldnt be. He doesnt listen to any of my concerns and expects me to do as I am told! I am staying firm and tell him I aint doing anything till I see the paperwork but it has happened a number of times now and tensions are getting very high.

I feel like pushing him in the chipper and feeding him to the pigs!No seriously any advice on how to deal with this guy?, maybe some of you more experienced guys can offer me some sound words of wisdom.

cheers!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone!

wanted some advice on a very akward arrogant boss! He owns a number of properties which are in conservation areas. He keeps on asking me todo work on treework on trees with TPOs and trees in con areas. When i ask if he has permission he says he has but when I insist on seeing the relevant paperwork he can never provide it and puts me on a guilt trip for not trusting him!he then gets really pissed off and makes out I am some sort of law abiding freak who is detatched from the real world. I normally check up online to see if he has made any planning applications but he hasnt. I have always steered clear of doing dodgy illegal tree work and want to keep it that way.

I am just trying to maintain a professional outlook and I value my career too much to be pissing about on trees that I shouldnt be. He doesnt listen to any of my concerns and expects me to do as I am told! I am staying firm and tell him I aint doing anything till I see the paperwork but it has happened a number of times now and tensions are getting very high.

I feel like pushing him in the chipper and feeding him to the pigs!No seriously any advice on how to deal with this guy?, maybe some of you more experienced guys can offer me some sound words of wisdom.

cheers!

Don't be bullied. Bollox to him.

Difficult one mate.

My only real advice is don't badmouth a boss on a public internet forum. You never know who is looking.

Good luck.

I have walked on jobs before now and I have also done the job (unknowing of a TPO) and had my wrists slapped by the TO.

Difficult one, mate. I've had disagreements with people over safety issues which are just as important if not more so and walked, but pride doesn't pay the bills. However, when it comes to legality, stick to your guns and see the paperwork before you start your saw. Sound advice from Rich about not bad-mouthing an employer on a site where you might be looking for work though. My advice would be, don't be bullied and start planning your move because when they own the company, you can't win. Hope you get lucky like me and find someone you enjoy working for. :001_cool: