Advice needed!Very akward, arrogant boss!!!!

badger wrestler

can you do the aplications yourself?

He shouldnt have to so that, and also maybe that would implicate him in the responsibility of the whole thing.

I would do as I was told if I wanted the wage, or move on.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI there you are doing the right thing to stick to your guns and don't do the trees with TPOs on them unless you have seen the paper work . The tree officer would of been out to visit and agree what the company was aloud or not aloud to do ..

Your boss seems very bad if he is trying to get you to do these things .

Try and find another job or consider going self employed .

It was the best thing i ever did . If you are a good climber you will find it not difficult to do sub contract work and work for a better boss .

if you can go self employed and advertise your services you will be on a winner.

All the best

Littltree:biggrin:

i dont think it will be anything for you to worry about to be honest...you'll probably get the sack when he reads this

Indeed and he would not be the first:001_rolleyes:

Unless its your name on the invoice for the job, you will not be in the firing line for any offense, its down to the customer and your boss to get things in order, if they don't its them that will be fined not you.

I'm in favour of not airing my dirty washing in public. I think a pragmatic approach to this to gain a solution is required. A little hint that the abuse of such power could see him in court and fined with the added embarrassment of himself in front of his chums may go down well. Make out you are doing it for his benefit! A review of case law to do with trees and maybe the latest press cutting of a bloke being fined thrust in his hand would make him stand up a bit. Diplomatically mention that you would not be culpable for any wrong doing as it is his responsibility to verify the legality of the work (although you are duty bound to ask and check - but if he says it is ok.....) and you are being a law abiding citizen to save his sorry butt!

This little well known book is worth a butchers... 'Law of Trees, Forests and Hedgerows by Charles Mynors'

Don't be steam-rollered trooper, stand your ground.........:thumbup1:

Indeed and he would not be the first:001_rolleyes:

Unless its your name on the invoice for the job, you will not be in the firing line for any offense, its down to the customer and your boss to get things in order, if they don't its them that will be fined not you.

It would not be a defence, to say you was employed to fell a tree or indeed that you did not know.