some of my missfortunes!!...whats yours??

Sully

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah...

When I joined this forum some of the elders of this parish told me I had alot to learn...

I'm still shaking from Mondays error.

I had dismantled a large Norway spruce with 5 leaders and had it down to a bare stem about 7m high..

With my new 441, I thought I'd 'practise' the letter box cut as I don't get too many large trees to fell rather than chog it right down.

I was just finishing off the final back cut when I cut through the hinge on one side.

The stem fell towards the clients house, pinching the 441 as it went crushing it beneath and the stem lightly grazed the render before bouncing away from the wall.

Aside from the saw repairs, if possible at all, it is the thought of the enormous repair bill, loss of face and reputation that could have been.

Ah...

No Vino, I was offered by the client who also kindly fed us but refused the tipple.

Ordered a new handlebar, sprocket cover and fan cover from Honey Bros. as the parts here in France are just too expensive. Should be about £130 to repair the 441 so with all the other expenses it was another loss making day all round...:sad::sad::sad:

I do wish I had started with a real pro outfit rather than go out on my own straight from college... Ho hum...

Today, I'm going to quote for a dying Poplar which is among the tallest trees in the town.

The client is the 'Notaire' or local solicitor so I had better get this one right!:blushing:

Miss judged a conny and snatched a top into a phone line pulling the facia, soffet and some tiles off in the process.

cut and chucked a heavier than expected conny branch straight into an ornamental bench thingy.

And macrocarpas! nigh on everytime i've been involved with working on them somethings gone wrong. bits dropped on saws, taking out phone lines, slings slipping off, best/worst was a bit tearing off a crane as i came in to turn it and hitting one of the guys truck, close call for me though.

A former colleage of mine climbed a massive redwood at the country park I work at. It took him half an hour or so to reach the top, to remove some deadwood. He had his topper sent up to him and was positioning himself to make a cut and inexplicable unclipped the topper and let go. It went hurtling down bar first, with another guy seeing it coming and getting himself ready to catch it, before he realised what was about to happen.

The saw landed on the ground and aside from a knackered bar and cracked casing it worked fine.

i made the mistake of filling a trailer up with chip, big agri trailer, was chipping on a gravel driveway, putting small logs through, big chips coming out, some bouncing out. Still need to go back and get the rest of the bits i didnt want to pick up after 12 hours on site.

should have put a tarp down. bar stewards.