some of my missfortunes!!...whats yours??

Sully

jesus......

threw a ring off an Ash and watched in horror as it disappeared through a man hole cover disguised as a pile of sawdust.

felled a fair sized Beech stick perfectly between a wall and garage, the stick then rolled in slow motion 90 degrees to the left and settled nicely against the wall leaving it at a gravity defying 40 degrees.

replaced a shed for the cost of the job. sold the firewood to pay the day.

rolled a stump grinder.

drove a mini digger into a septic tank.

discovered the reason why you need to be extra carefully where you set down the fuel can when working with a Jenson chipper.

the list goes on and is ever expanding............

My rope bag got melted by a jenson,first time using one

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First dismantle ever i cut a ring and threw it off watched it hit the ground, bounce and roll and take out an wooden arch thing:blushing:

Rolled a forwading trailer. Slopes, turns and massive stumps don't mix.

broke off a hydraulic fitting off a extension ram in the woods. Welded on rather than screw in fitting. £700 quid later for a new ram..... Bad bad day.

Crushed an 064 under a tree. To it's credit a new handle and it was fine, carried on running under the tree for ages.

Managed to catch some brash on a really old plant in a garden that was really important to the owner. Ripped it off it's roots

Driving down a rack and a tree blew over landing on the cab bounced off and took the filter off trailer causing oil to go everywhere and me to have a very bad scary day.

Nearly bogged a 1270B in a thawing out bog got away with that though.

Today i managed to whack myself in the head putting posts in. Hit it with quite a heavy driveall. :thumbdown:

Years ago when double glazed first came out someone asked me one saturday if i could just drill some pilot holes and screw a security bolt to their big sliding french windows.

Thought i was well clear of the glass as i drilled in, and the whole blinking sheet of glass went bang.

Secured it temporary with sheets of ply til she got a glazier out the next week.

Steered clear of drilling near glass since then.

was freelancing and got sent on a rigging job with no rigging kit...was told to make do. Went well until one of the last big rings I was chogging down bounced onto its side and started a 'dambusters' roll towards the property...despite valiant attempts to halt its inexorable advance by the groundies...it rolled right through a large patio window and into the middle of the front room...and the burglar alarm went off (the house was not occupied). We then had to stay onsite till 2030hrs until a glazier was found to replace the window....DOH! :thumbdown:

Also, chogging down a very dodgy old Oak, too unstable to rig, when one of the last big lumps bounced and took out the corner of a recently rebuilt wall, the builder was a Wildlife trust volunteer, who spend a couple of years refurbishing the surrounding walls. He recently passed away, just after finishing the job...felt terrible about it :blushing:. The warden there told me not to worry, as it would give the volunteers a project to do....unavoidable but I felt quite guilty!:thumbdown:

59766631b1645_wallstrike2.jpg.1dbaf7f7865c30f85ac4e33298258f4c.jpg

'Felled a Cypress with an iron bar in it. Tree twisted 90 degrees took down some lv wires which went into the garden pond an electrocuted the pet duck.

The clients son was watching and said "thats the coolest thing I've ever seen!"'

bwa ha ha ha ha, just did a small wee over that one!

I think there's a quote from John Wayne, something like..." If you haven't fallen off a horse you haven't been riding long enough."

I think this applies to tree work unfortunately!!! (just slightly re-phrased though!)

Do you use the horse for timber extraction or work positioning 😏...