Average 'working' hours.

Mesterh

Number of hours 'actually' grafting.  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Number of hours 'actually' grafting.

• less than 5
    • About 5
    • About 5 1/2
    • About 6
    • About 6 1/2
    • About 7
    • About 7 1/2
    • about 8
    • About 9
    • I'm a machine I work in days not hours.

Just wondering what you consider a normal working days graft to consist of.

I'm not talking about the faffing about in the truck, coffee drinking customer twoddle stuff.

The actual cutting, climbing, dragging and chiipping bit.

I'm getting the saws out at 8....ish then putting them away usaully around 16:00 ish and doing I reckon 5 1/2-6 hours sweat in the middle.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really have a set routine, one day it's a 18-20hr day at the other side of the country. The next day it's a 2 hour job, as long as it balances out and I get enough time to enjoy my life overall it seems to work.

If anything recently been having to much fun and not enough work, next 2 weeks are manic though!!

Oi you still have voted on the working hours.

Actually I dont like the way this thread is going, no wonder you all own yachts in the south of France!

Looks like I need to spend more hours working than the ones I spend not....

Which goes against all my beliefs.:crying:

depends on the weather & jobs booked in,,, minimum of 10 hour day, when busy, in summer an 18 hour inc work on the farm day isnt unheard of,, although, children change your priorities, since ive had them i work a lot less than i did,, i dont climb, both lads who do will do max of 10 hours, clearly not up a tree for that thou!!!!!:001_huh:

depends,,, on the hotel job i'm not allowed to make any noise before 9:30,,, and i have to be quiet by 4.30 to that dictates the day,, but if i'm working on the south coast then i'm out the door by 7.30....8.30 if tommer has to come from his place :-) travel IS work too,, it all counts..

8 til 4 is standard issue for me, Aswelll as mine own stuff, I sub to 4 or 5 different people and its always 8-4.

Sometimes i finish slightly earlier, sometimes slightly later but averaged out, Id say 90% of the time its 8-4.

so 5 to 6 hours grafting, Depending on the job/s

These days i wouldnt really like doing much more than that! :biggrin:

some people I work for are 7.30 ish start and your in for an early day if your back at the yard by 5.30pm...

others companies I am back at the yard sometimes by 3 ish, 4 considered being a bit late.

It depends on the job, weather and job site and number of jobs.

personally, starting the earlier the better and getting home in time to enjoy your life is my preference.