Would you have tried this?

Mozza

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the guy in the skid steer pulled slower and you left a bigger hinge then they would of went where they were meant to, i dont like the pulling over method. If you got yourself a front mounted hydraulic winch with spades then you would have far more pulling power and control. A 2 way winch is excellent aswell. I have nothing against your techniques, i would just beaf up the pulling power and swap the ropes for wire ones. welcome to the forum:001_smile:

In Mr. Murphies last video he was working out the procedure used in this video. Of Two trees in the vid. One falls against the back cut and into the back yard they are trying to keep it out of. The second shows him running right where the tree will fall for his escape route and the tree causing much collateral damage that was seemingly unnecessary.

I went to a yoga conference recently where a yogi was commenting on the prayer "lead us from unreality to reality".. that is the essence of yoga.. the human condition has been plagued by the stories we make up about who we are and what our relationship to the world is. These stories, which we tell ourselves and which many are so attached to, are completely false, as they result from the limitations of our perceptions (5 senses) and the minute level of our experiences. Our attachment to these faslehoods is the source of all suffering, as the truth of our being is so grand ..

So the story that Fiddler tells is based upon limitations of perception, in that he only saw a video, which is very limited in its scope, and in his experience.. What he thinks is foolish and dangerous, may be simple day to day operations for others, as many have mentioned here.

Many people on line talk crap.. I don't. Speaking the truth is a code I live by.. Everything in the fiddler's above story is false, every insuation and statement of fact.. (with the possible exception of running through the lay, which I did at a time when the tree had a 60º backlean)

I have used up all my patience on the american forums endlessly trying to reasonably explain and educate them... so forgive me if I seem to lack the desire to engage the many questions that many of you are asking..

Ok Daniel, so you have finally shown your face on here, first of all, welcome.

Perhaps you would care to answer a couple of first questions.

Why is it you persist in carrying out these type of far fetched and risky methods instead of dismantling in a more controlled and safer manner?

On many, if not all of your vids there seems to be a much safer way of getting the tree down.

Can you justify dismissing safety and replacing the main priority with your higher risk methods?

I won't aswer these questions because they are based on false perceptions..

Who says these are "fetched and risky methods" and that there are " more controlled and safer manner" ways to accomplish the tasks.. We've heard form many here that have said the job was not as difficult as it looked. Maybe they know something you don't.. I don't know you're level of ecperience, but I think its safer to drop trees from the ground, often standing outside the drop zone, than climbing and rigging.

On many, if not all of your vids there seems to be a much safer way of getting the tree down

REALLY?

have you sen the videos? there are presently 26 of them... how many of them have you seen? Here's a link to my channel..

YouTube - murphy4trees's Channel

this is the broadest collection of arborist videos on youtube now, showing a wide variety of climbing, rigging and felling techniques, grundwork, etc.. often in great detail, as well as a couple of training videos.. ( subscriptions requested and appreciated).. There is tremendous attention to safety shown, if you know what you are looking at, and can pick up the finer points of the work.. PLEASE use full screen!!

Watch them all and see if you still think I dismiss safety etc... Let me know..

I'd imagine the majority of members appreciate you coming across and taking the time to interact here Daniel :thumbup1:

The diference with dadio is he puts up on video what others pretend they don't do, on line you can pretend to be who ever you want to be, only showing pictures of perfect hinges and imaculate lawns. It doesnt take long to throw a few things into conversation to draw out who has been doing this job a while and the things you have to do to get a job done. I like your vids, i like your methods. We call it 'the surge' getting a tree on the ground with as few cuts as possible and making money along the way. Every day i NEARLY get hurt, others outside of my work think i do dangerous stuff, it's all calculated and i have been jumping about trees and cutting bits off them since i was walking. :001_smile: I think Dadio is the same. What others do compared to what you do has nothing to do with it. :001_cool:

The diference with dadio is he puts up on video what others pretend they don't do, on line you can pretend to be who ever you want to be, only showing pictures of perfect hinges and imaculate lawns. It doesnt take long to throw a few things into conversation to draw out who has been doing this job a while and the things you have to do to get a job done. I like your vids, i like your methods. We call it 'the surge' getting a tree on the ground with as few cuts as possible and making money along the way. Every day i NEARLY get hurt, others outside of my work think i do dangerous stuff, it's all calculated and i have been jumping about trees and cutting bits off them since i was walking. :001_smile: I think Dadio is the same. What others do compared to what you do has nothing to do with it. :001_cool:

I hear what your saying Stevie, BUT and its a big but, Daniel puts his videos forward as training vids.

Now you, I and many others on here will use unorthodox methods a lot, but we have the experience to know when and where these "not by the book" techniques are OK.

If some one with limited experience uses one of Daniels videos to learn a technique that should only be used by the experienced, it could be disastrous.

Only proven and tested safe methods should be pushed forward in videos.

Your driving instructor does not teach you to cross your hands when driving or to heal and toe the brake and clutch, these are things you teach your self through years of experience.

I might have missed it but he says

“as well as a couple of training videos”

But he doesn’t say this is one of them.

I don’t think it is a training vid. For one thing it says on the you tube vid “Don't try this unless you are trained and qualified”

If it is intended to be a training vid it’s a piss poor job of one.

When I first saw the vid I dismissed it as high risk showboating. Having looked again and seen the rest of the rigging the job looks like a professional set up.

Andy