spraying question.

carlos

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you will need roundup as well as grazon as this will not kill grasses

There is no point using Grazon with round up as roundup will kill everything green and grazon will only kill broad leaf weeds. If you want to retain grasses then use grazon.

just use roundup, make sure there is good regrowth before spraying and now until october is a good time to spray.

Carlos, just remember to read the instructiond on the product lable carefully prior to useage.

All the information that you require will be clearly stated on the lable, which is a statutory requirement, people on here are all trying to be very helpfull, but sometimes it's a case of the blind leading the blind !!

We have had the same problem with weeds this year. The problem is with Glyphosate is that it is only a systemic herbicide. This will only kill, in laymans terms, what it touches and will not stop seed germination. For that you need a residual herbicide which you can probably use on gravel but not usually on hard standings such as paths or concrete. We use a product called Pistol but you will probably find that it is more expensive than Glyphosate but it should work for up to six months:thumbup:.

hi

done all the strimmin.

gone leave it a few weeks until a good covering of regrowth.

there was a fair bit of bramble and bracken in there and in the past i have found that roundup has not always been that succsessful on bramble and bracken it seems to stunt it rather than kill it.

should i up the dose or try a different product.

what dose do people normally use in the situation?? i know it has doses on the label but i havent got any yet( still saving!!)

any thought would be appreciated cheers carl.

I wouldn't recommend upping the dose i would change product! What is the aim of what you are to do? If it is to kill off everything i would have honestly sprayed the whole lot off with Timbrel and then given a blast of Roundup afterwards. If it is just to kill off broadleaf and leave grass Timbrel is just the job. There may well be something that would kill the whole lot. I would phone your local chemical suppliers as they will probably be able to help. I use Amenity Land Services. ALS give them a call they are usually really helpfull.

hi

done all the strimmin.

gone leave it a few weeks until a good covering of regrowth.

there was a fair bit of bramble and bracken in there and in the past i have found that roundup has not always been that succsessful on bramble and bracken it seems to stunt it rather than kill it.

should i up the dose or try a different product.

what dose do people normally use in the situation?? i know it has doses on the label but i havent got any yet( still saving!!)

any thought would be appreciated cheers carl.

Carlos, if you PM me with your contact details, I will give you the contact of my brother who is a qualified agrochemical agronomist with 20 years experience, and is basis qualified, he will be able to correctly answer any of your questions.