spraying question.

carlos

hi just been asked to cut and spray and weeded and brambled up garden, not massive.

my thought was to strim back hard to the ground and rake and remove all debris then go back in a couple of weeks and spray regrowth with round up.

question being is this the best order to do it? any thougts would be good.

p.s its a bit tall at moment to walk and spray

cheers carl.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did one like it about a month ago and recon its time to spray now the shoots have come up.

This area was about 15m x 50m but was 3m high in brambles. Took about 3 hours to saw down.

I used a clearing saw and smashed them down and will use a cocktail of Glyphosate and Grazon on the regeneration.

Job should be a good 'un.

I've also just cleared a large area of weeds/brambles (upto 8ft high), brushcutter & strimmer used, and all brash cleared to redundant area of the site.

Was debating using Glypho (Roundup) on the re-growth later this month.

Question I have, the plan is to turn the area into a wildflower meadow with a mixed fruit tree orchard (apple/pear/plum), how long after spraying the roundup will it be safe to plant fruit trees?

Edited by Gnarlyoak
typo

Have just cleared a garden myself and i used roundup. It is only effective on the green and once it has come into contact with the soil it will not affect any replanting. The best chemical i've seen used is Timbrel. It kills all weeds and brambles and only leaves the grass but it is expensive at about £50 a litre.

I've also just cleared a large area of weeds/brambles (upto 8ft high), brushcutter & strimmer used, and all brash cleared to redundant area of the site.

Was debating using Glypho (Roundup) on the re-growth later this month.

Question I have, the plan is to turn the area into a wildflower meadow with a mixed fruit tree orchard (apple/pear/plum), how long after spraying the roundup will it be safe to plant fruit trees?

So long as its Round up Biactive or Glyphogan or similar it should be fine to plant straight away, from what I was told most of the stronger ones like Roundup pro and Gramoxone are no longer available any way :001_cool:

The best chemical i've seen used is Timbrel. It kills all weeds and brambles and only leaves the grass but it is expensive at about £50 a litre.

Broadsword is a pretty good and often cheaper alternative to Timbrel. Very similar product, have used it of Knotweed and it killed it stone dead first time, with no re-gen one year on. As others have said, definatley Grazon for brambles, very effective. Be carefull of any Fir / Pine coniferous trees in the area though, very prone to bad drift damage from Grazon.

Edited by Luke Quenby
Forgot a bit!