Cut hand.

Mark Bolam

Damage from yesterday, nicked hand with running down chain after a snap out in a skinny crack willow.

The amount of blood is a bit theatrical, the cut is not that bad, but it was hot and I was pumpin'!

Totally my fault (and I wasn't even one-handing).

Lessons -

Don't rush because it's hot and you can't wait to get your shorts on.

Bailing out quickly is really important. That cut took 10 minutes under cold water with compression to stop bleeding with help from customer and groundie.

Fat little black labradors are handy to have on site for cleaning up blood from boots, patios etc.

Crack willow is very brittle (but you knew that).

Every cloud has a silver lining. Obviously going to learn from this, and the customer gave me a brand new large first aid kit from his company (he is a funeral director?). Sweet.

Climb safe.

IMG_0342.jpg.afc8478465677df8c02c8e6d57b5168c.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ouch! Hope it heals up soon and doesn't stop you working for too long.

I managed to nick myself with a 200t today, the engine wasn't even running! I had it on a short loop on the toolstrop, i was in a lime canopy and i wanted to keep it close behind. From now on i'll just leave it to dangle well out of the way!

Ouch Mark, hope it heals up fast.

I managed to nick myself with a 200t today, the engine wasn't even running! I had it on a short loop on the toolstrop, i was in a lime canopy and i wanted to keep it close behind. From now on i'll just leave it to dangle well out of the way!

I did the exact same thing in a eucalyptus, bleed nicely it did. :blushing:

Ive nicked the same finger twice cutting and holding, chain tooth ripped right through top of nail and out the other side both times, second time didnt hurt, no nerves!

I use a lyons tape strop to hold the branches now, keeps the old handies well clear!

lesson learnt me old mucka, heal well, heal fast and most of all, DONT DO IT AGAIN!

(like this numpty did)