Chuck and Duck!

Plenty of people have gone through them before but you have a bit more respect for one of these things.

I think thats the bit that makes them dodge .... and i get worried about putting a bolt through the bottom bar to stop it from turning the rollers off on my TW 150 if i am feeding in hedgrow elms or large branches!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those guys in the vid were just messing about with it. Grab a big branch, walk it up onto the feed tray and then carry on walking as you push it in. Easy. They really are easy to work with when you know how to use em and you don't have to stand there waiting for the first branch to finish chipping before you can throw the next one in because they go through so fast. I suppose it's like anything; it's just what your used to working with. If you think the one in the vid is bad imagine what the V8 version is like. 16" in feed apparently.

My mate had a pto one with the 45 degree in feed hopper when he first started that was ok til you got down to tidying up all the little short bits at the end of the job, thier the bits that tend to get chucked back out, mind I've been whacked by bits shot back out by a hydraulic feed chipper before now as well :001_cool:

• 3 years later...
Sorry this 'legal' thing annoys me. They're not illegal at all, they are however considered dangerous by the HSE and accordingly if you let an employee use them you could be in trouble. As for a one man operation you can do what you want with it.

R

This is true, as a self employed person they are still ok for use but you cant let employees use them. About 20 years ago we had a 9" pto driven chuck and duck running behind a mog, the things are evil. It would scoff as big a lump as you could launch at it and if that lump was coming off you shoulders all the brush coming past would try its best to rip your ears off:laugh1: Much faster than roller fed chippers.

Bob