subsidised aspen

pro bros

21 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I noticed a batch of Aspen was light by around 500ml

Dealer told me the containers are porous and a loss was to be expected.

I looked at the packing date.

Contacted Aspen for the statistics showing expected loss through the container wall.

I suspect they sell Aspen at short measure then use the porosity and storage by clients as an excuse to cover up their fraud.

IMG_20231008_133709.jpg

IMG_20231008_134417.jpg

Why is the a picture of a Husqvarna K970 on their labels , Husqvarna sell their own alkylate fuel, so why would they promote Aspen?

I don't know how the Aspend cans get filled commercially but might this have anything to do with the fact that when we fill up at the forecourt for however many litres we pay for, in effect we lose out because some of that stays in the run of pipe.  Granted we might get some off the previous user's loss but it might account for something?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

I don't know how the Aspend cans get filled commercially but might this have anything to do with the fact that when we fill up at the forecourt for however many litres we pay for, in effect we lose out because some of that stays in the run of pipe.  Granted we might get some off the previous user's loss but it might account for something?

The pump is primed so the hose is full before it is tested and sealed as being accurate. From then on it dispenses the right amount of fuel to the car through the hose and nozzle.

Once the trigger is released it stops the delivery at the nozzle (but not the pump, you still hear it running), so no one previous has paid for the fuel in the hose and nozzle (nor have you) Its just a primed part of the delivery system. What passes through the meter just triggers the display on the pump, the right amount comes from the hose. The feed hose could be twenty miles long, but guess what, if you put an additional gallon of fuel into the pipe, only a gallon comes out, not twenty miles worth!

Any left in the pipe is not yours, or the previous customers, it belongs to the system! you only pay (and get) for what comes out, apart from a few drips!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, pleasant said:

The pump is primed so the hose is full before it is tested and sealed as being accurate. From then on it dispenses the right amount of fuel to the car through the hose and nozzle.

Once the trigger is released it stops the delivery at the nozzle (but not the pump, you still hear it running), so no one previous has paid for the fuel in the hose and nozzle (nor have you) Its just a primed part of the delivery system. What passes through the meter just triggers the display on the pump, the right amount comes from the hose. The feed hose could be twenty miles long, but guess what, if you put an additional gallon of fuel into the pipe, only a gallon comes out, not twenty miles worth!

Any left in the pipe is not yours, or the previous customers, it belongs to the system! you only pay (and get) for what comes out, apart from a few drips!

Obviously an old wives tale then that's me told.  But I'll probably still lift the hose up and shake those drips into my tank.  Pennies pounds etc...

18 hours ago, adw said:

Why is the a picture of a Husqvarna K970 on their labels , Husqvarna sell their own alkylate fuel, so why would they promote Aspen?

Husqvarna and Aspen used to be sweethearts. Most Husqvarna dealers/ambassadors would recommend  Aspen openly. Maybe they fell out or fell out of love, so Husqvarna produced their own version and dumped the ex.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/10/2023 at 13:14, peds said:

What up dudes,

I'm out in the middle of Bumfun, Nowhere, and the only fuel available is Ama. Will my Aspen saw explode, or can I crack on?

Cheers.

https://amaireland.ie/collections/alkylate-petrol/products/ama-alkylate-petrol-2-stroke-5-litre

I've never heard of Ama, but all the Alkalyte fuel I have used seems pretty similar. I presume when they say "ready mixed" it means ready mixed to 50:1.  If you have any doubt, you could top up the oil with a known high quality brand, just calculate the small amount to take it from 50:1 to say 40:1.

I still use pump fuel in a saws if I'm desperate (and then flush it through with aspen afterwards).

• Like 1