another company using our pics - what can be done?

Joy Yeomans

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you don't want anyone else to use your images then you should really watermark them,,

You shouldn't have too!!!!

People should only use their own images to promote there own work, other wise its tantamount to fraud!!!, IMO!!!!!!

i can understand if it was showing an awesome tree reduction or a very dificult fell, the pics i have are 2 guys at a chipper and someone in a basket cutting ivy. You are using someone elses pic in your avatar, what if the guy that made that took a hissy fit, would you take it off or send him a few quid lol

if you don't want anyone else to use your images then you should really watermark them,,

will do in future, but the image is of rohan cutting wood on our home page, and i think putting a watermark across it would make the web page messy

ii have emailed them firmly, but politely asking them to take it off their website and theyve sent me back a really snotty email asking me all sorts of questions as to why i think they cant use it:sneaky2:

You are using someone elses pic in your avatar, what if the guy that made that took a hissy fit, would you take it off or send him a few quid lol

do you mean me steve?:confused1:

as that is our tractor and i took that pic,thats my pic in our avatar - only ever use our own pics for every bit of promo material:confused1:

i can understand if it was showing an awesome tree reduction or a very difficult fell, the pics i have are 2 guys at a chipper and someone in a basket cutting ivy. You are using someone elses pic in your avatar, what if the guy that made that took a hissy fit, would you take it off or send him a few quid lol

My comment was not aimed at you mate :001_smile:

I was irritated by the comment that said people should put water marks on their images to stop them being used.

Its like when people have kit stolen and some one says "well you should have locked them up better" NO!!!! we should be able to leave out gear out in the street or the keys in our cars, its the thieving scum who are in the wrong not a careless owner. (it hard to think like a criminal when you are honest)

And the people who say the victim is partly to blame are making theft less of a crime!!

If its not yours leave it alone!! any thing else is stealing, plain and simple!!