Well Paid work... Where is it???

Brodie

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some employers may wont a quick climber but im just saying I doubt many will.

Why not find work on railway or utility work you said you had correct tickets didnt you?

Loads of people have then tickets so wages can realistically decrease because people are desperate for jobs.

These ppl... are they pretty new to the trade 5yrs or less.. iv got 11yrs under my belt.. i have a lot of experience to bring with me to any employer.. plus i am a very fast climber.. obviously i cant prove that on a wall post.. the last guy i did a trial for, i got down out of the first tree i reduced for him and he said to me wow your worth your wait in gold you mate.. ill never forget that.. shame he didnt want to pay for the gold either.. where are you mick? dya want me to do a days trial for you?

I'm in Kent mate and as much as I'd love to see just how good you are I have a multitude of blokes nearby that are willing to work for far less and are screaming out for work..... Sorry mate but like I said in my first post "Sign of the times".

Hi there it is hard to find really well paid work at the moment . Over time the wages have been pushed down with the ecomomy . From my own exp working as an employee and self employed .

These are the sort of wages I have come across in the industry

For good fast climbers working as employed, council type work street trees i have seen 70 to 85 per day but I have also seen newer climbers climbing for 65 per day .

I have seen a wage 100 for a climber that I worked with he was employed . He was good and quick he pulled in the company lots of money .

For self employed climbers just subbing I have come across rates of around 100 per day . and for newer climbers I seen 70 to 80

Working for yourself on private jobs then the sky is the limit.

Sadly times are hard but I do completely agree with you in one sense . I myself don't work for peanuts either, as by working for peanuts you push down everyones else's wages that come in after you . I set my day rate at a middle average rate for the job I do ,not top wack but not bottom either.

I have come across people that will work for really really low silly amounts of money but feel that it does not benefit either the worker or employer as the employee working for peanuts could will feel underpaid and under valued and not want to do the work or want to pull there wait and the person employing them will feel that there employee is slacking and has no interest in the job and both will end up unhappy with each other as the result.

Hope you find some work soon

All the best

Littletree:thumbup:

Perhaps going without certain things for a while until you get that dream wage would be a good idea. (ie sell car for cheaper one, get rid of sky, cut down on booze, buy cheaper food - not saying this is specific to you)

i would say between 20-25k a year is good enough in the current climate, to keep you going (so £60-80 ish after tax)

Opening a thread with "I can't and won't work for low wages" isn't gonna sell your ability.

My ability is worth far more than £50 a day.. If i go and work for these desperate wages i wont be taken seriously.. Thats just how it is.. I want to move forwards not backwards and if being stubborn is the only way then stubborn it is..