Well Paid work... Where is it???

Brodie

Depends on the circumstances.. If it's local or if im supplied a vehicle to travel with I would be happy with about £80 per day after tax... If I have to re-locate I would want about £100 - £130 per day.. If I was to move abroad then thats dependent on living costs in that country..

Haha dream on.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you are kidding yourself wanting between £100-£130 full time, thats £650 a week, over £30k a year. you would need to be 20 years in a good company to demand that salary. This job may of been unique 10 years ago but its flooded just now and most of the time its easy domestic work that can be polished up with a blower and a hedge trimmer. Go do subby utility work, there seems to be loads of that about

How update the website is I dont know but look on arbjobs There is hundreds of jobs there if you are willing to re locate and like others have said if you have your utility stuff do that theres loads of work out there .

With regards to lack of work there are quite a few companies down here that are going bust or severley cutting back on there employees and most are pretty big companies.

good luck

reckon you need to lighten up a bit,, you seem "tense" re money... you'll get a bunch more than that in austria,,,, but the tax man will take up to 48% depending on your total earnings...

as for back here...£80 is better than £0... take what you get offered and do a good job, then you'll get more,,,,you can't just sit back and say "i will not work for crap money"

you're right of course, as you wont be working full stop....

try going alone,,,,

Tilhill are advertising for a climber in Yorkshire area,basic pay would be a little lower than your wanting but with overtime and chance to do price work at weekends would put your earnings in the sort of range your looking at,and you get a van or get picked up so no travelling at your expense

as for back here...£80 is better than £0... take what you get offered and do a good job, then you'll get more,,,,you can't just sit back and say "i will not work for crap money"

I agree and disagree. I find there are a lot of people doing work very cheap, and hence cannot afford decent wages. This has a knock on effect for us all. If someone is always willing to work for £80quid a day then there is no way wages will ever pick up again. Always a difficult decision knowing what to do.

Easier if your employed though as at least you can budget and not worry about tools, vehicles etc.

R

I agree and disagree. I find there are a lot of people doing work very cheap, and hence cannot afford decent wages. This has a knock on effect for us all. If someone is always willing to work for £80quid a day then there is no way wages will ever pick up again. Always a difficult decision knowing what to do.

Easier if your employed though as at least you can budget and not worry about tools, vehicles etc.

R

it's simple though,, £80 is better than £0.... to expect £140 or however much without proving yourself etc etc. is obviously not working....