Well Paid work... Where is it???

Brodie

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not always if you can get a job for six months earning £150 a day I'd prefer to do that than work for 12 months earning £80 a day.

R

ok,, lets revisit this in a year,,, see who's done better,,,:biggrin::biggrin:

i know plumbers and joiners and other people in silly (non-dangerous) trades who earn plenty of cash.. £150 per day on the books is an easy achievement... why is our trade paid the way it is... Obviously there are too many people learning the trade and are willing to work for peanuts... Tesco's workers earn as much as most climbers... wheres the fairness in that.. Maybe i should change my trade instead of being made a fool of by the newbies and the greedy employers..!!!!

i know plumbers and joiners and other people in silly (non-dangerous) trades who earn plenty of cash.. £150 per day on the books is an easy achievement... why is our trade paid the way it is... Obviously there are too many people learning the trade and are willing to work for peanuts... Tesco's workers earn as much as most climbers... wheres the fairness in that.. Maybe i should change my trade instead of being made a fool of by the newbies and the greedy employers..!!!!

I would say everyone of us has had that thought at some time or another, if not you havent been in the game long enough.:laugh1:

Tesco workers earn national minimum wage don't they?

What's a climbers wage these days £8 an hour?

Stacking shelves on nights is £11 an hour in my local tesco Frank, My mate did it for a few months when he had no work last year