An absolute outrage

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't beleive he couldnt hear anything. I have worked with people like that, act all surprised when a machine breaks and then say "well it did start making this funny noise".

Stupid womans fault, but the guy should have stopped.

I'll bet she won't do it again.:001_smile:

No it doesnt, if that had happened to me and I hadn't noticed, I'd hand in my HGV myself. He's a moron

No you wouldn't, you would be on a truckers forum kicking off that some bint had cut you up and nearly caused a pile up.:laugh1:

An rightly so, she could have caused a lot of mayhem there!

Hopefully she got a ban or at least a load of points for dangerous driving.:thumbup:

The poor guy musta been traumatised after that.

i know the stretch of A1 that this occurred on fairly well as it is about eight miles from me and i travel it nearly every weekend to see the missus and there is a slight incline just after the wetherby junction that all the wagon drivers pile on the beans to get up, there is also a reasonable amount of noise from the road surface at that point as well. Also the slip road that the car pulled out of is quite short so maybe the wagon driver saw her in his kerbside mirror one minute the next she's gone, it is quite possible he assumed the car had braked to pull out behind him. I'm not defending the bloke but it was certainly a case of 50/50 as the wagons are very easy to see from the slip road.

I'm not aportioning blame here, the woman was to blame apparently. I'm astonished the bloke should be praised after such a huge blunder and not noticing the mayhem unfolding around him.

His comments after he pulled over were along the lines of, "Do you need me to hang around, I need to get on"

When I was 11 or so me and my mum coming down the m25 and I happened to make so remark about this lorry cant remeber why anyway going along and this lorry starts indicating we are just behind his cab in a small fiesta and he just carried on going oblivious to us kept going we ended up slowing down to 30mph on a fast running bit of the m25 Mum realy started pannicing luckily made it to hard shoulder and nothing but a few scracthes and no wing mirror.

I will add the lorry was from another country and Im sure its not easy looking into your opposite mirror to look behind.