Is it possible to have too many chainsaws?

swinny

Evening all

Silly question really :blushing: but is it possible to have too many chainsaws in your opinion? How many do you currently have and actually use and do you keep spares etc?

Was thinking of thinning out my small collection but was wondering what the general opinion was of saws to cover the different areas they are needed for

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends how much work you do that warrantees a specific saw.

If your a forester only, you wouldnt want a top handled saw would you?

If you do no big trees in tree surgery as you may have just started out etc or you do no milling why have a saw bigger than a 441?

Depends how many people work for you/with you?

I wouldnt bother with a saw smaller than A 260/346 I know the frustation this causes.

well current list is:

020t

200t

i was thinking of getting shut of the 017 and 023, but its handy to have a cheaper saw for fence posts etc was not sure weather to keep the 390 or not as the 044 is leagues ahead, or just to keep as backup? or get some maintenance parts for the other saws etc and different size guide bars

well current list is:

020t

200t

i was thinking of getting shut of the 017 and 023, but its handy to have a cheaper saw for fence posts etc was not sure weather to keep the 390 or not as the 044 is leagues ahead, or just to keep as backup? or get some maintenance parts for the other saws etc and different size guide bars

weve got a 390 and 230 they are awful saws IMO

390 is to big for its lack of power Its a farmers saw

230 is a hobbby saw

Not slagging you off or any thing mate ive been through it with these saws and realy dont like them.

My opinioin though you may disagree.

weve got a 390 and 230 they are awful saws IMO

390 is to big for its lack of power Its a farmers saw

230 is a hobbby saw

Not slagging you off or any thing mate ive been through it with these saws and realy dont like them.

My opinioin though you may disagree.

Hey no worries, i know what your saying :) i just bought the 017 and the 390 and the 023 when i didn't have the knowledge etc about them, i got the 390 because i wanted a bigger saw but couldn't afford much at the time :blushing:

Hey no worries, i know what your saying :) i just bought the 017 and the 390 and the 023 when i didn't have the knowledge etc about them, i got the 390 because i wanted a bigger saw but couldn't afford much at the time :blushing:

Nout wrong with that and if you ever have an apprentice or simliar something great to start with but after a while its get tiersome of using something so piss poor.

But the other saw are fine mate nout wrong with em how many people do wyou work with /employ/ work for?