Starting out climbing when your older.

Mike Hill

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I appreciate your background.However if we turn this debate into a diatribe of our achivements it will quickley become a "Urination Contest".

I venture that now more than ever older people are entering this industry.Wether thats a good thing or not vrs the typical young fella starting out is what this thread is all about.

This thread has been interesting indeed.With many valid points made by many posters.

It would now be good for some employers to chine in with their prefrences when hiring new staff.

Hi mike, was just re-reading bits of this and wondered if this was my background, that your'e refering to. No prob with that mate - its all good.

I shall now put my employer hat on, at the risk of urinating. Not a dig, I get you and like your style. Blunt as ***k is good.

I would employ any of the late starters who have posted on this thread and will offer them a days work at full freelance rates right now.

Hi mike, was just re-reading bits of this and wondered if this was my background, that your'e refering to. No prob with that mate - its all good.

I shall now put my employer hat on, at the risk of urinating. Not a dig, I get you and like your style. Blunt as ***k is good.

I would employ any of the late starters who have posted on this thread and will offer them a days work at full freelance rates right now.[/quote

i'd take you up on that offer too,,, and you can feel free to pay me what you think i'm worth..

I appreciate your background.However if we turn this debate into a diatribe of our achivements it will quickley become a "Urination Contest".

I venture that now more than ever older people are entering this industry.Wether thats a good thing or not vrs the typical young fella starting out is what this thread is all about.

This thread has been interesting indeed.With many valid points made by many posters.

It would now be good for some employers to chine in with their prefrences when hiring new staff.

The last thread was an example of what you can achieve if you have the driveto do it, I just got the feeling that you reckon that if you are over 40 your past it, which judging by other peoples comments does not seem to be true.

Any way does it matter how old you are, as long as you enjoy what you are doing ?

I think a lot of guys might never of worked with super hyper stop for nothing crazy tree guys, i have made folk sick, cry and i have never sacked anyone, they could never hack it, they never came back and would just chuck it and 12 years ago i paid £14 an hour to the good ones.

I have met Mike, Huck and Hammy and i know they work ethics and drive. i do take it a lot easier now through choice, but i work alone because others annoy me, i am fed up with boys that just cant hack it, i only employ 1 lad as a subby now and after 13 years of employing dozens of guys it shows that i work to a high and fast standard. I still do jobs that teams of 3-4 would take on, thats why i love the micro chipper, i dont need staff do drag branches. so it keeps my frustration levels down, i would give older guys a job because they would look after my kit and respect it better and not waste energy determined to learn from mistakes that cost me money.