Mog losing air/air not building up

cheers for the help and advice chaps , owning a mog really has pred to be a massive learning curve for me , i will give my local motorfactors a call and Bonds . Now my next question is does anyone know of a chenicle that can be put through the air system to clean out any carbon buildups etc ??

I don’t think the gunk in the air system is carbon in the sense of the usual carbon deposits you get in an engine. Carbon build up is associated with incomplete combustion and since the compressor is remote from the pistons...........

The black tarry gunk is a mainly engine oil emulsified with water from the air. The oil got there because your compressor has been on its way out for a while and passing oil into the air.

Mog air systems aren’t particularly complex but I would be cautious about flushing it. Any chunks could well end up in valves and other places where you definitely wouldn’t want them. Most of the gunk will end up at the bottom of the air tanks. They need venting daily to remove condensation. Just keep on top of that regime and the gunk will eventually purge itself.

If you are adamant about cleaning through your commercial vehicle factor will supply airline antifreeze, it might not be a stock item in Cornwall

Now I don’t want to hear any grumbling about problems from you or anyone else in Cornwall because you live HERE and I am going home today.

:blushing:

Andy

treequip-albums-general-picture2743-dsc-4300.jpg

treequip-albums-general-picture2744-dsc-4543.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run an Alcohol fluid in the Air Dryer of my Mog year round.Its a white box on the same side as the Batery box.It has two settings,one for summer and the other winter.I understand that in addition to purging the water from the Air in the system it also helps prevent gunk from forming in the lines.

Now I don’t want to hear any grumbling about problems from you or anyone else in Cornwall because you live HERE and I am going home today.

Andy

treequip-albums-general-picture2743-dsc-4300.jpg

treequip-albums-general-picture2744-dsc-4543.jpg

Ah its a tough life....:lol:

Its not that tranquil when the wind and rain get going though..:thumbdown:

Evening chaps , have only now got in from work after fitting the brand new air compressor and guess what ????????????????????

The bloody thing still is not building air and the blow off valve is not blowing off at all which leads me to thing that there is a major air leek somewhere but we csn not find it at all , the wierd thing is that only one air tank is filling with air very verry clowly(1BAR in 20 mins) so after spending a grand and several many hours the fecking thing still aint moving , at this rate the only way i will be moving it is on a low loader back to a man in guildford !!!!!!! any way guys i would be really really greatfull of any advice you may have .

Regards Dave

have you cleaned out the valve that blows out at the air tanks, i had to get a new one of them, if you have gunge in the system then this will be full. you have to take off the BIG pipe and blow it back towards the tanks(not connected to tank obviously lol) it took me 3-4 months and about 2.5k to resolve my air probs:thumbdown:good luck

thanks steve , we ahve got air comming to the main distribution valve beside the rear nearsid mug guard , and air in one side of the valve but thats it , the wiared bit is that the system does not pressurise enough for the blow of valve to work , to be honest ater having the mog for less than one month and already having spent a grand on it im really thinking of taking it back unless i can get it sorted tomorrow

The “blow off valve is actually an unloader valve is switches the air produced from tank to atmosphere. They are usually pretty bomb proof but it’s the next thing I would look at.

The air going to one tank is normal. Air goes to the primary system and only when that is up to pressure goes to the secondary air system. Clearly the primary air circuit isn’t getting to pressure so the secondary will remain empty. Having eliminated the compressor as the problem it follows that the problem lies between the compressor and the primary tank. From memory the only major component in that is the unloader valve.

it is the joys of mogs, once you get it going, buy my tp250 you will be laughing about this in bed made of £50 notes my cornish friend:lol:how do you think others know about these problems, because we have been there broken down cursing the 7ton of merc scrap, then you get it going, take it a spin and fall back in love again:biggrin:

Give you 5k for it:thumbup: