Insurance quotes

The BJG

Getting quite big differences on my PL quote.

Does anyone use or has anyone used a company called Blackfriars previously? They are loads less than my other quotes and I can't see any difference in the policy details. I'm not sure if I'm just being a bit too suspicious of a good thing maybe? But I feel like I'm missing something.

Any help or advice appreciated as always. PM if you'd rather not be public with experiences.

Thanks

Ben

I have heard of Blackfriars so I wouldn't worry on that front. I had this problem a few years ago and was paying fortunes for my PL and employers liability. My company were fleecing me for over 3k at the time. I then found Lycetts, who only fleece me for just over 1k and they are kind enough to do it in installments. Don't be surprised in a very big difference in premiums. Its not that the lower ones are not offering the same cover, it's usually the higher ones are just ripping you off. Have a look at Lycetts.co.uk on the web and see what they quote you, as their area of cover is the same as the one who charged me 3 times as much. Best of luck, its a minefield out there.

It's a weird old world this insurance game.

My renewal came through with NFU, due today, but the small print had suddenly restricted my working height to 10m. Luckily I spotted it and told them to requote for unlimited, or at least something like 30m. They never got back to me!

Meanwhile I had contacted Arbinsure (Bartletts) who beat NFU by £100 and doubled the PL.

Never seems to make sense to me.