ArbDogs? Pics!

Burnham

3 feet of springy.

Open-ish space, only gorse to snag, no major problems. A bit of a disagreement over navigation when the six horses took an interest, but they worked it out quick enough, thankfully. 

20240819_211627.thumb.jpg.8dc07cc8c690ab1ec6c403db63b38a67.jpg

Poor wee sausage. His owner, my friend, died suddenly not long ago. I'm minding him whilst his kids are out of the country for the week.

• Like 2

Three feet! Fuxking christ. The kickoffs that would have catalysed here a fortnight ago... Won’t rush to try it now either. 

Condolences btw. I hope he died a hero’s death.  

Edited by AHPP

Well yeah, he did, a colleague on the mountain rescue team, he bounced down the spicy side of one of our mountains and didn't enjoy the ride, we went up there and scraped him off the rocks and carried him down. Bit shit, but there you go. Wife had died two months previous after six years with cancer, leaving the three kids as orphans.

So, that God fella... bit of a c*nt really, isn't he?

Nice dog, anyway. Hugely affectionate. I start to worry that no-one has even told him that Ocky isn't coming back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Uh oh 

The wife wants to keep him now...

20240820_114717.thumb.jpg.f7e7cecb92dd7b35a40dff98a46a982d.jpg

So does the collie, he loves having a younger friend, and doesn't give him a second's peace. The brown fella though, he wants to get rid of both other dogs, both cats, both children, and go back to the good old days when he was our only child.

20240820_101320.thumb.jpg.713cdeb770faefac0514d2d49400a3fc.jpg

• Like 4

On dogs accepting incoming dogs, I took Sailor and Mecho for a walk with some friends last night. Met a woman with a ridgeback and some small ish Romanian mongrel. The small one called out Sailor with some kebab shop style puffery. The ridgeback jumped in out of obligation. Common thing the woman said. Small one starts scraps only because it has a big mate. Anyway, Mecho, on the lead with my mate a hundred feet away was apparently straining to get into it. A bit of esprit de corps. Pleasing. 

Edited by AHPP
  • Haha 1

It does seem the obvious choice, yeah, and he's got a home here for as long as he needs, but I wouldn't want to take him away from the kids if they want to keep him. In the days and weeks immediately following, the dog was shunted around a few different places (including an alpaca farm, I think...?), but they eventually decided they wanted him back home. 

As for the kids... they are 14, 16, and a 22 year old from a previous marriage, with a 3 year old kid herself, so it isn't a case of them all being dragged off to the orphanage, thankfully. The 22 year old has naturally stepped into the role of matriarch over the last few years while her mother was dying, so she's got a hold on the situation already; and there was a huge display of support from the community with a fundraiser, so the mortgage can be paid for a long time yet at least. The bailiffs won't be kicking them out any time soon. 

Still... what an absolute c*nt of a situation to be dealing with. 

Back to dogs! I just tried uploading a minute of Oscar wrecking Loki's head, but the file was too large. But you can get the same visuals if you look at the last picture I posted, shake the screen from side to side a bit, and growl occasionally. Enjoy.

37 minutes ago, AHPP said:

On dogs accepting incoming dogs, I took Sailor and Mecho for a walk with some friends last night. Met a woman with a ridgeback and some small ish Romanian mongrel. The small one called out Sailor with some kebab shop style puffery. The ridgeback jumped in out of obligation. Common thing the woman said. Small one starts scraps only because it has a big mate. Anyway, Mecho, on the lead with my mate a hundred feet away was apparently straining to get into it. A bit of esprit de corps. Pleasing. 

You want to watch out for those Romanian mongrels, Baldric has a hole in the top of his head after being jumped by one. Sneaky buggers.

Mecho and Sailor getting on well enough to ride in the boot together. Tensions escalate if a corner is taken too fast and they get thrown into each other. Can’t work out whose territory it is more. Israeli kind of problem.  

A82AD8DC-4698-43F0-8A3A-AF4D52729247.thumb.jpeg.44c336c491b5f57828dcf6b11346e673.jpeg

Edited by AHPP
  • Like 5