Current range of tracked chippers

tim361

I’m not being arsey im just in confusion about what PTO chippers have to do with tracked ones … two completely different tools and nothing to do with the OP.

i could not get a tractor in half my sites for most the year anyway and if I did the clients would not be happy about them sinking up to there axles.. then do you put on turf tyres to loose traction but not destroy the ground… the foot print of a tracked chipper is virtually zero and then there’s the factor of loosing the will to live driving a tractor and all faith in humanity with the selfish twats on the road who hold no regard to the vehicle your driving … every time i take mine on the road, it’s not something I enjoy or would want to do for a few trees , maybe different if I was chipping 200 tonne with a heizhack..  the cost of a decent tractor too to even get the thing to site would be 40k 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, MattyF said:

I’m not being arsey im just in confusion about what PTO chippers have to do with tracked ones … two completely different tools and nothing to do with the OP.

i could not get a tractor in half my sites for most the year anyway and if I did the clients would not be happy about them sinking up to there axles.. then do you put on turf tyres to loose traction but not destroy the ground… the foot print of a tracked chipper is virtually zero and then there’s the factor of loosing the will to live driving a tractor and all faith in humanity with the selfish twats on the road who hold no regard to the vehicle your driving … every time i take mine on the road, it’s not something I enjoy or would want to do for a few trees , maybe different if I was chipping 200 tonne with a heizhack..  the cost of a decent tractor too to even get the thing to site would be 40k 

This is exactly why we run different set ups, the work we all do is different, and we buy equipment to suit. 

I run a GreenMech 220 TPM on a 50hp and a 100hp, on the 50hp running on 540e you can just about feed it by hand comfort, on the 100hp you need digger to keep it happy. 

Edited by woody paul
  • Like 1

While I was up at the APF show I went and had a look at the current offerings from the 4 companies I would likely use.

Jensen have an A550 with a 37hp yanmar which looked nice and seemed like a solid piece of kit. The dealer near me has a 2023 NOS that I can get for a good bit cheaper than a new one. Would just have to get a demo sorted.

Really liked the look of the Greenmech evo 165 and 205. Look considerably better put together than the ARB150 I bought from Greenmech a few years ago. Need to speak to the dealer about getting a demo on one of those. My biggest concerns are the quality of the paint work which was shocking on the last machine I had. Considering as it was stored in a barn when not in use the paintwork was just falling off of it to reveal just on everything that wasn’t plastic. I really hope this has been addressed. And the dealer is 3-4 hours away from me so I need to find out if they have service agents who deal with warranty work. 

Forst, I have a 6” petrol Forst currently and have been very happy with it. Have a friend with a tracked 8” 55hp and he’s been very happy with that so don’t really feel I need a demo from them.

Timberwolf, I don’t really know how I felt about these. There was a lot of things I liked about the machines looking at them but also a lot of that I wasn’t overly keen on. Left Timberwolf feeling a little underwhelmed. 

• Like 1