Milwaukee M18 polesaw

doobin

Highly recommended. After my Husky polesaw shit the bed after three years use (probably used for around 10 hours total!) and the Stihl previosuly gave me no end of issues, I've gone battery. And let me tell you, this thing knocks the spots off any petrol polesaw I've used. Savage power, masses of torque and not too bad to hold.  It's 12". hopefully it uses the same chain as my M18 top handle, which I think is 1/4 and a very narrow kerf, it really makes a difference.

I used it for the first time in anger on the larger hazel stems in this hedge, and honestly, no sooner had I touched a 4" stem then it was through it. Never felt anything like it.

As I'm already heavily invested in the M18 battery system, I didn't feel that around £450 plus VAT was a terrible price either. I'm using a 12ah high-output battery on it. I'd always advise people to get the high output batteries for these kind of M18 tools, the difference is palpable.

74076859031__F2BC2B60-97FB-4E6E-A444-E9558427FDF8.jpeg

IMG_4625.jpeg

Edited by doobin
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AHPP said:

August Hunicke rates it highly too.

Rubber tracks on for the warranty period?

It’s warrantied with rubber or steel for five years. It’s finally summer, so rubber track time. Much nicer on hard surfaces. 

steels are for winter work on slopes or in the woods, and they excel at that. 

• Like 1

How robust do you think it is? I was weighing up this or the husky battery one. Bought the husky because I have batteries on site more than my Milwaukee gear. Was letting a mate use it and a small chop hit the shaft and bent it so we couldn’t retract  it. Have been waiting on a replacement shaft for nearly 3 months now. 

Milwaukee used to be a bit of a Walmart type brand about 10-15 years ago (sort of Black and Decker are to B&Q) then they started to sell through builders merchants to up the image (and prices) but the quality stayed the same. It's mostly Chinese made stuff, but made to look American and high end. It's not.

UK.TRUSTPILOT.COM

Do you agree with Milwaukee Tool's TrustScore? Voice your opinion today and hear what 237 customers have already said.

10 hours ago, pleasant said:

Milwaukee used to be a bit of a Walmart type brand about 10-15 years ago (sort of Black and Decker are to B&Q) then they started to sell through builders merchants to up the image (and prices) but the quality stayed the same. It's mostly Chinese made stuff, but made to look American and high end. It's not.

UK.TRUSTPILOT.COM

Do you agree with Milwaukee Tool's TrustScore? Voice your opinion today and hear what 237 customers have already said.

I totally disagree with the bit that says " the quality stays the same "  All my battery kit is Milwaukee Fuel and it beats everything else in my book . A lot of it is made in China I agree but the quality is top banana . There is a you tube vid where all the top brands were pitted against each other . One of the tests was to wind a very long hex head screw into a solid lump of sawn timber about a foot thick . The Milwaukee was the only one that managed to screw it in right to the head in one . Non of the others got it all the way in some stopping far from the mark . There is Milwaukee and there is Milwaukee Fuel One Key . A bit like Bosh Green and Bosch Blue . The Milwaukee Fuel is the pro kit . The One Key varients have a blue tooth connection where you can track the tool with an app on your phone should it wander off from where you left it !

Edited by Stubby
Added info
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, pleasant said:

UK.TRUSTPILOT.COM

I’m going to be polite here. 

ok I’m not. You simply don’t know what the fk you are talking about. 

you keep coming out with this whenever Milwaukee are mentioned. There’s a reason Milwaukee are so popular amongst professionals, and it’s because they are at the top of their game with performance and innovation. 

Trust pilot doesn’t mean shit. If Milwaukee wanted to play the game they could sign up to trust pilot and then use the features to remove bad reviews whilst encouraging their buyers to leave a review. The reason there are only 237 reviews for a global company who sell that many power tools per minute is because they haven’t signed up to trust pilot, so the reviews are from retards who probably couldn’t work out that you had to buy a battery as well. 

Edited by doobin
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, doobin said:

I’m going to be polite here. 

ok I’m not. You simply don’t know what the fk you are talking about. 

you keep coming out with this whenever Milwaukee are mentioned. There’s a reason Milwaukee are so popular amongst professionals, and it’s because they are at the top of their game with performance and innovation. 

Trust pilot doesn’t mean shit. If Milwaukee wanted to play the game they could sign up to trust pilot and then use the features to remove bad reviews whilst encouraging their buyers to leave a review. The reason there are only 237 reviews for a global company who sell that many power tools per minute is because they haven’t signed up to trust pilot, so the reviews are from retards who probably couldn’t work out that you had to buy a battery as well. 

I bet you still sharpen blades on a bench grinder. 

The above , all day long and twice on Sunday . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1