Depression

eggsarascal

1 hour ago, swinny said:

I ended up having to go to a funeral not long ago for a lad who was maybe 28 ish, left a little lad behind. Madness. Belting chap the guy was

I think a lot of everything is who you surround yourself with.... 

I can't be doing with negative folk, the doom and gloomers... it rubs off on you.  Surround yourself with nice folk. People who get up off their arse and go do stuff. Go getters.

I gave up going to pubs etc folk just doing the same old week in week out. Winging about boring shit  

If you never change owt nowt changes

Maybe these go-getters don’t want to hang about with you?

Maybe they’re at go-getter meetings and they’re saying to each other ‘That Swinny, he’s draining me of my positive energy for his own purposes’

It could happen..

(huge if true!)

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I did wonder from your past posts if something was going down...just don't let it, easy said but sometimes you just have to grasp the one good thing that happened in the day rather than the shit storm it may have been.

I hope it passes in time and you get to the good bit again.

Keep talking to us...we ain't all bad!!

• Like 5

@eggsarascal

Few years back I was not in the best place, post split up, prior to getting into arb machinery.Marine work was going down the pan and life wasn't exactly joyous, though I did have my dogs.

One day on a total whim i bought an A3 cartridge paper sketch pad .

This got filled over the next couple of years, with what some may call nonsense.

Doodles light and dark, qotes from music lyrics in various  scripts and doodles, various   sketches of things I'd seen and done. 

After a while I could look back and reflect on my own testimony, sometimes with fear other times with amusement and understanding.

It became a sort of crutch to bring me back to my base line, let me reflect that, actually life was OK.

I burnt my crutch a few short years ago. Now surplus and very private.

A very special place when needed, but never permanent.

Sorry to bang on Eggs, just  hope my musings may help or give food for thought. 

Take care.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, roboted said:

@eggsarascal

Few years back I was not in the best place, post split up, prior to getting into arb machinery.Marine work was going down the pan and life wasn't exactly joyous, though I did have my dogs.

One day on a total whim i bought an A3 cartridge paper sketch pad .

This got filled over the next couple of years, with what some may call nonsense.

Doodles light and dark, qotes from music lyrics in various  scripts and doodles, various   sketches of things I'd seen and done. 

After a while I could look back and reflect on my own testimony, sometimes with fear other times with amusement and understanding.

It became a sort of crutch to bring me back to my base line, let me reflect that, actually life was OK.

I burnt my crutch a few short years ago. Now surplus and very private.

A very special place when needed, but never permanent.

Sorry to bang on Eggs, just  hope my musings may help or give food for thought. 

Take care.

Don’t worry about banging on, I’m a master of it. I’ll sort it, it’s crippling at times, not washing, not speaking to anyone because I’ve no interest in what they have to say, I don’t like the person it makes me. Got the kicking I need off a mate this morning, be up, be washed and shaved, you are coming to walk the dog with me. Off we go as planned when he says, you want to get a grip ya prick! it raised a laugh that I needed. He never was one to mince his words. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Peasgood said:

Sounds like a good mate 👍

Same fella kicked me about it last time, I guess what lifelong mates are about. He’s a good lad  who talks sense. I’m lucky, he works for a very wealthy man who he’s been with for years so I’m pitched up on the owners land, I’m not going to do much apart from labourer for him for a few days, I’ll have someone I trust to bang it out with. It’s going this week.

Had to laugh today, walked the dog then went to my mates for Sunday lunch, we phoned four people on loud speaker, all of them broke down! I’m going to one near me in the morning, my mate is going to another after work tomorrow, I’ve only just replaced the clutch in my van, it’s a good job there’s two sorts of luck or some of us wouldn’t have any at all.

• Like 4

On 08/06/2024 at 10:54, topchippyles said:

You don't half post some crap at times.

“After having personally conducted over the last fifty years more than four thousand psychedelic sessions, I have developed great awe and respect for these compounds and their enormous potential, both positive and negative. They are powerful tools and, like any tool, they can be used skillfully, ineptly, or destructively. The result will be critically dependent on the set and setting.”

– Stanislav Grof