Chainsaw bar oil

Stan1664

Hello I own a 021 Stihl and it’s never let me down, I use Stihl forestry chain bar oil for it and it’s good well I think so.

i have 2 Husqvarna one is 61 and other is 40 both old chainsaws.

My question is would it be ok to use the Stihl forestry bar oil in them or not ? 
I’ve just had the 61 a complete rebuild and modified with a bigger cylinder and a few other upgrades, I will be running the fuel at 32-1 as been advised by the person who fixed it for me.

The 40 I bought from robnissan aka Stride Baad, I need a few things for it petrol and oil cap as they are broken and a on off switch, I was told the new ones doesn’t really work on older machines.

any advice and help is very appreciated.

Regards Stan.

4 minutes ago, Stan1664 said:

Hello I own a 021 Stihl and it’s never let me down, I use Stihl forestry chain bar oil for it and it’s good well I think so.

i have 2 Husqvarna one is 61 and other is 40 both old chainsaws.

My question is would it be ok to use the Stihl forestry bar oil in them or not ? 
I’ve just had the 61 a complete rebuild and modified with a bigger cylinder and a few other upgrades, I will be running the fuel at 32-1 as been advised by the person who fixed it for me.

The 40 I bought from robnissan aka Stride Baad, I need a few things for it petrol and oil cap as they are broken and a on off switch, I was told the new ones doesn’t really work on older machines.

any advice and help is very appreciated.

Regards Stan.

Yes , it would be ok . You won't go to prison .

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You may struggle to get genuine fuel/oil caps for the 40, the early saw had smaller caps than the later machine and are definitely no longer available , the bigger caps may also be unavailable.

9 hours ago, Donnie said:

Old gear oil is the best. I really love the smell it leaves in my van, garage, clothes, washing machine. 

It's a bit like a gas leak 😊 My Aspen supplier recently shut shop and I went to a local garden tool seller who sells Stihl Motomix. Joking I asked him if it would be alright to use in my Husqvarna 135 and he replied quite seriously that it should be fine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ive used a lot of bar oils, they are pretty much the same, and tou can get them all to work - if you have an adjustable oiler and can turn the output up or thin a thick oil with solvent. Im a big fan of heavy oiling.

The main difference between aspen and motomix is the motonix bottle spills everywhere when poured!! I decant it into an aspen bottle.

Will a bit of maths, you can easily add two stroke oil to take motomix from 50:1 to 32:1, if thats what tickles your fancy.