Homeless

eggsarascal

I've got a few 205l plastic drums as water butts, one is a dunker with mesh on the top. The others have old household brass taps

Cut the end of the tap off so the water comes straight down

Edited by scbk
  • Like 1

Yeah it's 15mm.

I'm going to add a short length of plastic/rubber so the water can be directed downwards as it coms out horizontally with some force; that tank (we have two) is 1200L!

• Like 1

On 20/05/2024 at 19:00, eggsarascal said:

Come with me then, live amongst the junkies and beggars and we’ll do it together. These cities have been left to rot way beyond what I could change, and to be fair why would I bother, don’t we elect MP’s like Gullis, who’s offices are in this town to sort these things? 

@josharb87 I didn’t think you’d have an answer.

27 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

@josharb87 I didn’t think you’d have an answer.

Replying to you isn’t high up on my to do list

What I said is my answer, shouldn't really need elaboration? You just came up with another excuse/tried to not make it your responsibility with the MP comment 

MPS are just attention seeking narcissists, once the town starts to recover they’ll get on board, not before though

My belief is regular people really can make a difference. You want your town thriving again, move back, employ some local lads doing your drain gig, they rent a room/pad locally, they buy pints in the pub, publican employs an extra barmaid, the barmaid and your lads use the local shop, local shop does better etc etc etc

Similarly, want to support British farming/ industry? But British, buy local, boycott foreign stuff. Yes it’ll be an expensive time ahead, or living in a shithole for a while, but slowly the town would pick up again likewise British produce 

Yeah I may be naive, but better to stick by your principles than complaining, doing nothing, expecting others to fix it whilst being unwittingly part of the problem 

FWIW, I don’t want to move to your shithole with you, why would I? but I do support the local produce (food particularly) comment above - it is expensive but better than being a hypocrite 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1