Professional grade traditional rear handle saw that is under 10lbs powerhead weight? Stihl? Husq?

FlyFishn

In another thread I was asking about larger saws, so I'll keep that subject there.

I am also looking at smaller/lighter saws. I was originally thinking something at most 40cc, maybe in the mid 30's. However, looking at the Husq and Stihl options they dont appear to have a professional grade saw that small with a rear handle.

I've run a top handle Stihl before, and although I really do like it for cutting down smaller limbs, I don't think its the right type of saw for how I am intending to use it. I still think a rear handle traditional saw is going to work better.

Dad has a small stihl I've used and worked on before. I don't recall the model, but it is a homeowner grade saw for sure. That is what I don't want.

The bar length I am wanting is 14" with possibly a 16" as an option. The goal is to have a lighter, more maneuverable saw.

Down the road a top handle is on the list, but I'm not sure I want to go that route this round.

What thoughts do you have?

The pro stihl 40cc is the  ms241  husky has the 543xp but not sold in UK and is old.

Theres also the 30cc ms201 & new husky Chainsaw 540 XP Mark III.

Echo also do  a  new pro 40cc saw.

Husky... Bit over but ...

https://www.husqvarna.com/uk/chainsaws/545-mark-ii/

Or light then this...

WWW.HUSQVARNA.COM

Husqvarna 440 II is a chainsaw for those who want a light and efficient all-round saw for various cutting tasks. Equipped with a powerful 40cc X-Torq® engine

would take the 545 but I'm a big lad....

Edited by Botty Cough

WWW.RADMORETUCKER.CO.UK

Husqvarna 540 XP® Mark III is a nimble and lightweight petrol chainsaw in the 40cc class, designed for professional tree care and thinning operations. The...

if you want a husky , I would take the 540 over the back handled 201 as I hate that saw with a passion but both would handle a 14” though but I just despise the 201 and could not bring myself to buy another.

The tiny echo I would not want to run bigger than 12” bar on but it’s an awesome light weight saw for horrible terrain in tight spaces… weighing in at just over half your 10lb  ! 

WWW.RADMORETUCKER.CO.UK

A new evolution in rear handle saws, the CS-2511WES weighs only 2.6kg and has a power output of 1.11kW. In terms of power to weight, no other chainsaw can...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MattyF said:

Back handled echo 2511 has got to be the lightest… I had a go on one the other day and didn't want to pick up the ms400 or 346xp on site after. 

Cheap as chips too - really tempting. The 540 is as much money as a 50cc saw.

I have not used a 2511, but my 360TES has been going over 10 years, not as powerful as 200T, but more reliable ime.

Radmores has the 362WES exactly the same price as the 2511, quite a bit more power for logging up small stuff, and 8.4 lbs 

Personally if I can bring myself to 'invest' in a small logging up saw I would like the more expensive new 43cc Echo CS-4310SX (weight 9.5 lbs) that is on a par with a Stihl MS241

WWW.RADMORETUCKER.CO.UK

The most powerful and lightest chain saw in its class. The ECHO CS-4310SX is a professional grade, mid sized chain saw suitable for a wide range of applications, including felling. With...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stere said:

545 is same weight as a 550xp but less power so I can't see whats the point of it is as its hardly much cheaper?

550 is hard to beat in its size/cc bracket. I bought mine (well) used and it's a great little saw.