Big ol' Pine tree leaning about 45 degree angle

Posted (edited)

I did not know this would blow up. I will get some photos tomorrow after work! This is the link to where I learned about taking down leaning trees. L@@K at 1:14.

Edited by crskub
Link

I'm sure you get the terms of reference here, there was a man on here a few month ago asking advice and was convinced that a set of motorcycle leathers and helmet, some step ladders and all would be good - wouldn't listen to the advice given - and then one day, no more posts (I am assuming he either hired someone in or managed to avoid an accident doing it himself). Anyway post a photo and see what the advice is

• Like 2

On 04/03/2024 at 17:16, crskub said:

I did not know this would blow up. I will get some photos tomorrow after work! This is the link to where I learned about taking down leaning trees. L@@K at 1:14.

Yep, that’s about the bones of it.

The only thing to be careful of is when you get further along the trunk, enough for the top to sit straight in the ground and then it’s anyone’s guess which way it’ll fall.

Bit of common sense will see you through though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Yep, that’s about the bones of it.

The only thing to be careful of is when you get further along the trunk, enough for the top to sit straight in the ground and then it’s anyone’s guess which way it’ll fall.

Bit of common sense will see you through though.

That’s all well and good Mick? The problem comes when you do a search for a “common sense” video on YouTube 🤔

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, dan blocker said:

That’s all well and good Mick? The problem comes when you do a search for a “common sense” video on YouTube 🤔

Let them take care of themselves mate. It's the last vestige of darwinism if they're not up to the task. Not directing this at the OP directly.