The wonders of Google Maps. And adipophilia.

sime42

42 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

At times of the year, yes. Berries and fruit etc are seasonal. What else were they eating in the winter?

Fruit and veg isn't nutrient dense enough to sustain people. 

On your first point, the same as today, but less domesticated. Wild roots an tubers, nuts, seeds. Wild parsnip, lesser celandine, dandelion, etc. 

Edit to add: these roots and tubers come with the added bonus of not being able to fight back or defend themselves when attacked, unlike most sentient lifeforms, making them a particularly appealing choice when faced with potential maiming or death at the tusks of a mastodon.

On your second point, there are many incredibly large herbivorous species who would disagree with you.

Edited by peds

30 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

Fruit and veg isn't nutrient dense enough to sustain people. The vast majority of our food was meat. 

Total bollocks. 

The whole world wasn’t covered in Ice and the majority of people didn’t live in the poles.

The vast majority of India, and that’s a lot of millions are strict Vegetarians, sustained totally on fruit and veg, my Doctor is one, you should do some research👍.

16 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

Total bollocks. 

The whole world wasn’t covered in Ice and the majority of people didn’t live in the poles.

The vast majority of India, and that’s a lot of millions are strict Vegetarians, sustained totally on fruit and veg, my Doctor is one, you should do some research👍.

Strict vegetarians that eats practically everything doused in butter and cooked in fat.

They are not vegans by any stretch of the imagination.

22 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

Total bollocks. 

As mentioned earlier, Beans are key. 21% protein, 77% complex carbohydrate (the kind that give a slow and steady energy, rather than the spike you get with highly refined carbs like High-fructose corn syrup).

Other legumes are available.

5 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Strict vegetarians that eats practically everything doused in butter and cooked in fat.

They are not vegans by any stretch of the imagination.

Who said anything about vegan?

I think you need to look up the difference between that and vegetarian.

19 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

Total bollocks. 

So should you.

People migrated North to Scandinavia following the Reindyr herds as the ice retreated northwards.

Genetically Europeans ate alot of meat. They became farmers in more temperate regions to secure a steady food supply as populations grew. 

Interesting the UK hasn't produced enough food to meet its needs since middle ages.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sime42 said:

Who said anything about vegan?

I think you need to look up the difference between that and vegetarian.

I was more pointing out their diet maybe vegetarian, they have a very high intake of animal derived fats.

And very suspicious milk from cows in the city centres.

Edited by GarethM

There used to be Reindyr as far south as modern day Germany. If European's could have sustained themselves on risk free fruit,vege & cereals I think they might have stayed put.

Genetically we are identical to them,it's just we convinced ourselves on what constitutes a balanced diet or really what some companies can make a buck from.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5thelement said:

Total bollocks. 

Indian vegetarians has nothing to do with the paleolithic era we were talking about. Vegetarianism has only been an option since we've learnt to cultivate our own produce.

Your doctors opinion or diet bears absolutely no weight with me.

Doctors over the course of history have pushed many terrible agendas, through misinformation or corruption.

You're honestly trying to tell me that a diet based on good quality meat and greens is worse for you than eating mainly processed carbs?

• Like 1