More doom and gloom

3 minutes ago, GarethM said:

I did see a documentary about landfill where they had sealed them in the 80s, nothing has rotted. If it was all getting incinerated I'd say let them re open and burn the lot, salvage the metal and glass from the ash.

It was a proper documentary, not Dave and his VHS camera.

I've heard about landfill getting dug up and recycled.

Shudder to think what sort of quantities of metal etc is in them.

Guess it will pay one day...

3 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Should do that, take out what they can and use the rest as a fuel - instead or fresh oil or gas.

Never going to happen

Not until we live in the world of mad max will that get funded 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Botty Cough said:

Not until we live in the world of mad max will that get funded 

Will that mean we can rip round on Z1s and GSX1100s with the last 1.5' of the exhaust system missing wearing scabby leathers.......Lovely:thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, spudulike said:

Will that mean we can rip round on Z1s and GSX1100s with the last 1.5' of the exhaust system missing wearing scabby leathers.......Lovely:thumbup:

Yes definitely and while carrying side by side toppers with sawn off barrells mounted on the bars...😎

• 5 weeks later...
1 minute ago, sime42 said:
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Scientists say we have reached an ‘irreversible tipping point’ that will see fossil fuels phased out

And why don't you look at the source of said power. Mostly hydro, stop just reading the title and thinking it's all rainbows and sugarplums 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, peds said:

Why is hydro worse than fossil fuels?

It isn't, but Norway, Sweden, Canada have long rivers and effectively stack them together.

We cannot and if you look worldwide there's a very big movement to remove dams and weirs entirely, Europe removed a few thousand last year alone.

If you want to make yourself depressed look at Ireland data centres and the power cable they want to lay to Iceland.

Edited by GarethM

16 minutes ago, GarethM said:

And why don't you look at the source of said power. Mostly hydro, stop just reading the title and thinking it's all rainbows and sugarplums 

I did, and I don't.

I was merely trying to share a bit of positivity. Maybe I should have considered the tread title more fully first. 🤔