STIHL BR800C

Dustalex1

24 minutes ago, pleasant said:

Why?

well apart from a mower and such, i cant think of anything thats not running on mix. all the handheld stuff ive ever used is 2stroke on mix.

all the other blowers in stihl range are 2stroke. theres one hole for fuel none for oil.

i feel people are reading too much into my comment and taking it (somehow) more as anger? rather than just pisstaking.

unhelpful, and im sure not the most polite, but hardly a warzone.

53 minutes ago, manco said:

no not angry, a bit harsh maybe. 

not sure why anyone would think any blower or hand tools wasnt 2 stroke.

plus i did say it wasnt helpful

Quite simple really, it’s called a 4 mix,

Not hard to see how that could confuse matters, specially if bought second hand and not explained by a dealer at time of purchase  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Quite simple really, it’s called a 4 mix,

Not hard to see how that could confuse matters, specially if bought second hand and not explained by a dealer at time of purchase  

but 4mix is still 2stroke. its something fancy but its still 2stroke.

and it looks like all the other blowers only more squarish.

and again youre all reading too much into a comment just (admittedly not very nicely/helpfully) giggling at someone who just fcuked their new toy.

id say its easier to have confused the two aspen rather than to think the new machine wasnt 2stroke.

but what do i know im just the man in the street with a garage full of machines getting told off by a bunch of old men who we assume never laughed at someone elses misfortune ever in their long long long lives?

But, technically this blower is four stroke as it has valves/camshaft and four strokes to make up a complete cycle. What you stick in the fuel tank doesn't denote what type of engine it is. 

Many customers of mine incorrectly think that Stihl 4T machines are two stroke just because you stick 2T fuel in them irrespective of the blat blat noise they make.

Unfortunately, the OP saw "Four Stroke" and didn't contemplate the lack of oil filler etc. 

He just needs a few pointers as to what he does now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, spudulike said:

technically this blower is four stroke as it has valves/camshaft and four strokes to make up a complete cycle.

Yes while I wasn't aware the BR800C was a 4mix I have used them in pole saws and they sound quite different. From what I recall they are a  4 stroke as you say but they have the advantage of using the crankcase pressure as the piston descends to act as a scavenge pump, supercharging the intake a bit.

well apart from a mower and such, i cant think of anything thats not running on mix. all the handheld stuff ive ever used is 2stroke on mix.

All honda stuff is & its very common. Also makita

5 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

I had a 4 stroke stihl strimmer which ran on 4 stroke. Was a rebadged Honda. Stihl discontinued it for some reason

Interesting, how long ago was this? I remember the Honda 4-stroke strimmers, nice enough machines to use. Wasn't aware that they ever had an agreement with Stihl.