1m3 vs builders bag 🤯

Has anyone got a picture/diagram representing the difference between 1m3 and a builders bag. 

I supply logs in loose 1m3 loads, but I’m forever having to explain the difference between that and a builders bag. 
Unfortunately I’m not the most creative person on a computer to make my own. 

Thanks In Advance 👌

0.7 cubic meters

Key Points

• Builder’s bags are commonly 0.7 cubic meters in size
  • They can hold around 200kg or 400 logs of kiln-dried hardwood
  • Log size, wood type and moisture content affect the total log count
  • You can expect approximately 400 logs in a standard builder’s bag

#quick google search found this....

i am sure builders bags are 850x850x1000?

12 minutes ago, The new Boy said:

Has anyone got a picture/diagram representing the difference between 1m3 and a builders bag. 

I supply logs in loose 1m3 loads, but I’m forever having to explain the difference between that and a builders bag. 
Unfortunately I’m not the most creative person on a computer to make my own. 

Thanks In Advance 👌

A builders bag is 0.8mx0.8mx0.8m. This equals 0.5m3.

0.5m3 x1.8 ton/metre of aggregate is 900kg. Never filled all the way to the top, hence the 850kg +/- 50kg of aggregate that the builders merchants specify. 

It’s far easier to offer a builders bag of logs too. Charge 75% of the cube cost for that and if they’re too dumb to listen to your explanation on the phone then happy days. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scotty2809 said:
0.7 cubic meters

Key Points

• Builder’s bags are commonly 0.7 cubic meters in size
  • They can hold around 200kg or 400 logs of kiln-dried hardwood
  • Log size, wood type and moisture content affect the total log count
  • You can expect approximately 400 logs in a standard builder’s bag

#quick google search found this....

i am sure builders bags are 850x850x1000?

There are multiple bulk bag sizes but what the UK public know as a ‘builders bag’ is half a cube

Edited by doobin
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Welsh cleaning services said:

How about cutting the label off a builders bag that shows the cubic capacity etc,and then showing them one off a cubic metre bag.

All relies upon being there to make the sale. 

Much easier to match the lowest common denominator but also to offer a ‘better deal’ option. Otherwise you spend all day trying to convince people and halfwits just think you’re trying to have them on. 

the other option is to have a good infographic on your website or advert (which I think is what OP is after) and leave the halfwits to the employed Saturday special log ‘companies’ 

so a photo of the label you suggest would work for that. I’m sure a Google will find something though. 

Edited by doobin

8 minutes ago, doobin said:

There are multiple bulk bag sizes but what the UK public know as a ‘builders bag’ is half a cube. 

It was just a quick google to show how easy it is to find things on the net..

Most bags i have experienced are like you have stated, ones from Jewsons or any other aggregate supply company. 

The vented bags i have seen are anything from 800x800x800 to 920x1060x1000mm, so it will all depend on suppliers and type of bag, whether vented or just standard builders bags.

Edited by Scotty2809
  • Like 1

The problem is there's multiple sizes of builders bags and they all stretch.

The traditional ones are 90x90x90cm which is.73cube but actually about .85-.9 when filled.

Then people got sneaky and dropped to 85cm and now a lot are down to 80x80x80 which is just under .6 cube when filled.

• Like 2