Proper old school pubs

eggsarascal

11 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Yeah, Britstops, search4sites, park4night are all good apps for park-ups for a night or two. My point is, at this time of year these places should be allowed to let people stay longer, more skewed law. Do we see travellers at the side of the road in winter, do we feck, because they have official places to pull onto, on the other hand, if you or I want somewhere to pull in winter it’s every man for himself,

Many don’t get it eggs because they like a pile of bricks and are quite happy to keep peddling to turn the hamster wheel to “achieve” an ever bigger pile of bricks containing even more tat they don’t need or want!
I’ve been there done that then worked out the “hippies/ new age travelers/ van lifers/ hedge monkeys/ the great unwashed communities” as there dubbed by the same people that don’t get it are completely right about Down Shifting. 

2 minutes ago, josharb87 said:

Can’t have your cake (living cheaply in a van) and eat it (permanent place, skipping contributing to society etc) eggs, naive to think so tbh. 

good for you for doing the van life, but you’re on wheels for a reason 

I still work and pay tax, I have a permanent address, I rent out my flat. I’ve not dropped out. What do you think my reason for being on wheels is?

You say you still pay tax but you are not paying council tax living in a van.  Even if you pay the council tax on your flat, you would be paying on behalf of the person renting and this I assume would be factored into the rent.  Either way there is still one less person paying tax.

I have no issues with people moving around in a van camping legally, but thinking you can set up somewhere on even a semi permanent basis and be fully contributing or paying for all services isn’t correct.  Even if there was some way to pay an equivalent council tax then which council receives it and how would anyone collect it and know when and where you are.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mr Bear said:

You say you still pay tax but you are not paying council tax living in a van.  Even if you pay the council tax on your flat, you would be paying on behalf of the person renting and this I assume would be factored into the rent.  Either way there is still one less person paying tax.

I have no issues with people moving around in a van camping legally, but thinking you can set up somewhere on even a semi permanent basis and be fully contributing or paying for all services isn’t correct.  Even if there was some way to pay an equivalent council tax then which council receives it and how would anyone collect it and know when and where you are.

iam not disagreeing with your points but another way of looking at it is, the mega rich with multiple static homes are they all tax compliant!!!! ye right , so i wonder who owes more??!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Bear said:

I could go into it but…I pay council tax at a mates house, I pay the 25% uplift for the pleasure. The only point you’ve got that stands up is, I might not be paying council tax in the area I’m in, so what, do people pay extra council tax if they stay down the coast for a month?

The places I speak of already allow overnight parking with the consent of councils why not just allow them to have 2-3 vans on over winter. It doesn’t affect me, I’ve got a pitch with my other box for winter, but there’s stacks of people looking for winter pitches. In the middle of a housing crisis.

• Like 1

@carlos, one of those static homes will be your primary residence (or you will have another property registered as your primary residence) and you will pay council tax.  All the others can be your different holiday homes, but you are still paying your fair share of council tax