Post Covid

Excels1or

2 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

I stopped answering my phone about 17 years ago so I could remove that type of customer, the bolshy arrogant type.  Leave a long informative answer machine message stating how is the best way to get me to get in contact with them promptly.  The good people follow the instructions and send me a text or email and the more information they put on that text then that allows me to go on my phone and vet them and their location, so when I do get back to them I’m in a more knowledgeable position to give them answers.  If I see any red flags I’ll put more filters in place to see if I can draw out their true colours and the best way to do that is talk money straight off the bat, minimum price job, money up front and get them to send lots of pictures of the job, I usually never hear back from them and hopefully they go and annoy the opposition😂, but tbh I’d rather give a fellow tree guy a heads up of a bad customer and vice versa I’ll call them up asking about past experiences if I get told any tales of the other guy this or that.

100% .Never answer my phone unless I know who it is. And even then generally let it run to answerphone so I can get a jist of what they want, prepares me for ringing them back!  If they can't leave a message and wait for me to get back to them then they're not going to like the 6 months wait for me to do the job either🤣 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen Blair said:

My best repeat customers....it’s usually an Air BNB

Well yeah. Landlords in the UK are not struggling for cash. Obviously they're relatively good employers for that reason alone.

This thread was originally about arseholes though. For the sake of accuracy, regardless of how they treat hired arborists, landlords are some of the biggest arseholes known to mankind.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, tenner said:

Well yeah. Landlords in the UK are not struggling for cash. Obviously they're relatively good employers for that reason alone.

This thread was originally about arseholes though. For the sake of accuracy, regardless of how they treat hired arborists, landlords are some of the biggest arseholes known to mankind.

So on what do you base your opinion that landlords are all arseholes?

I've found a helpful way to deal with post covids is to feign utter stupidity with a smile on your face.

Was strimming the river bank I look after the other week and stopped for a break, said to a guy in the river fishing "having much luck?". His reply was quite impolite, but along the lines of "got no chance with you making all that noise". But I smiled, said I can absolutely guarantee you sir that I'm not disturbing the trout. "How the flip do you think that!" he said.

Well, I've been looking after this river bank for over a decade and never once have I had a noise complaint from the trout so clearly they're not bothered at all, could it be they don't like the brand of your waders?

He looked at me for a moment in disbelief but he was defeated, he knew no matter how angry he was you just can't argue with stupid, so he turned and waded off downstream quietly and I was left to strim in peace.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8