Wadkin 20” Planer. 18” Thicknesser.

trigger_andy

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

Buying this off of a mate today. I’ve used it for years and it’s a cracking bit of kit. 

Getting it delivered for £1500. Seems like a good price?

IMG_2843.png

IMG_2842.png

IMG_2841.png

IMG_2840.png

Probably about right if you know it is good.  Large old three phase machinery has quite a low value as it is too big for most DIY types and too old for many professionals.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Squaredy said:

Probably about right if you know it is good.  Large old three phase machinery has quite a low value as it is too big for most DIY types and too old for many professionals.

Its a funny market for sure. 

He was offered £2200 but I sweetened the deal with a buy-back option and he can use it when he needs to. 

• Like 1

Bargain, what else would you get for that money?

Bullet proof old machines, an uncle of mine still runs an identical one today. its 3 generations in the family now and has never had a thing done to it, apart from blades as needed and a switch box when he moved it into his new (20 years ago) workshop.

be gentle transporting it though, they can be hard to get back true again if they get a whack or twist.

Hope you have an extractor!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Conor Wright said:

Bargain, what else would you get for that money?

Bullet proof old machines, an uncle of mine still runs an identical one today. its 3 generations in the family now and has never had a thing done to it, apart from blades as needed and a switch box when he moved it into his new (20 years ago) workshop.

be gentle transporting it though, they can be hard to get back true again if they get a whack or twist.

Hope you have an extractor!

Good point regarding transportation! Ill need to be there when its moved then. My mates roped Jewsons into moving it for us. :D

Yeh, I have an extractor that I bought for my Log Cabin Log Molder. Its a twin bag 3ph machine so should be up to the job

11 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Good point regarding transportation! Ill need to be there when its moved then. My mates roped Jewsons into moving it for us. :D

Yeh, I have an extractor that I bought for my Log Cabin Log Molder. Its a twin bag 3ph machine so should be up to the job

Looking at the machine it is difficult to see where the extraction pipes will go.  As it is a surface planer and a thicknesser it will need two extraction hoses, and I would say they will need to be re-arranged when you go from surface planing to thicknessing.  This will be the most difficult aspect of setup I would say.

Is it currently used without extraction?