Aerial Rescue Practice

krummholz

5 minutes ago, krummholz said:

I'll leave it as long as I like thanks. This isn't a comprehensive survey of compliance with the WAHR and the ICoP/best practice in UK arb - I asked a question in the hope that folk would have useful and interesting things to say.

And folk have given you their opinion based on their experience and work practices, what more do you want?

20 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

How are they separated out then, do you show the nurse your tickets?

Nurse???!?  

The HSE compiles info from RIDDOR reporting (and in extreme cases,  attending police investigations).

The HSE don’t give a flying fig about accidents away from the workplace…. Never have, and I doubt they ever will.

They were formed to be the enforcing agency for the Health and safety at WORK act…… the clue is in the name.

I read all the comments and I want to say ONE  THING :I don’t afraid to die ,I like risk, and once I don’t put another live at risk it is my ****************ing business how I work ,so every organisation can suck my very VERY BIG BALLS  with those shitty licenses they produce and rules they create sitting in shiny cabinets.So as bottom feeder I can say just take care of yourself, areal rescue in our work situation is 99% granny delusions, or public office worker oxitosin hallucinations.All we need it’s left alone we manage for years and will continue happily without of help of money suckers (trainers,assessors,inspectors and so on)

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Bolt said:

Nurse???!?  

The HSE compiles info from RIDDOR reporting (and in extreme cases,  attending police investigations).

The HSE don’t give a flying fig about accidents away from the workplace…. Never have, and I doubt they ever will.

They were formed to be the enforcing agency for the Health and safety at WORK act…… the clue is in the name.

Not all injuries are serious enough to need reporting to Riddor and not all serious injuries and near misses get reported either, otherwise the the HSE would have very accurate numbers, apart from fatalities, they haven’t.

How many gardeners, builders have a go tree surgeons are currently doing tree work under the radar in the UK do you reckon, are these people being injured and reporting to RIDDOR?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bolt said:

I really don’t think they are.

WWW.HSE.GOV.UK

A selection of case studies relating to incidents and accidents in Tree Work.

Farmers in telehandlers, people on ladders with no ropes at all, they're all in the list. "Self employed arborist"

Several lacerations to the neck in the tree, number 5 was rescued by the groundsman and other climber but already unconscious and died.

One thing that came out of the recent first aid training I did was that you've got about 3 minutes after a severe laceration so having the first aid kit in the van at the front of the house, maybe keys in the climbers pocket is useless. I have never managed to keep a kit on my harness but have celox bandage in side pocket and a harness kit with celox, tourniquet, bandage in my rope bag so it's always at the bottom of the tree.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, krummholz said:

Would you support (better) regulation then?

100%.
It would have to be full on like Gas-Safe or I-Cert though, and strictly enforced.

We’d all be on twice as much money.

10 hours ago, krummholz said:

Would you support (better) regulation then?

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

100%.
It would have to be full on like Gas-Safe or I-Cert though, and strictly enforced.

We’d all be on twice as much money.

It’s been the dream for our entire careers, unfortunately it’s just a  dream and will never happen, sadly.

• Like 1