Super car track experience .

Stubby

I was bought a Silverstone experience day a good few years back. It was in a Ferrari 360 I think. I was first surprised to see the car had dual controls, like a learner! Also had a flappy paddle gearbox that was shite, the gear changes took ages. I got about 5 laps in I think, which was a tad disappointing as we’d driven from Cumbria. Was great fun though, and I got to overtake an Audi R8 going down hanger straight! The instructor bloke was loving it, so much so we nearly ran off the track at the end of the straight as we were both whooping a bit too much! I’d definitely do something like that again, and I have Croft Circuit about 20 mins from where I live now.

• Like 1

Bought one of these for my dad a few years back. Sounds like he got lucky as he got to pick 3 different cars to drive from a selection of 6. Think he chose an Aston Martin, Ferrari, and I forget the 3rd. He loved it.

fancy having a drive of an artic, although I’d want to have a go at reversing as much as just driving a lap 

• Like 1

Well boys I have say it was freekin awesome . That AMG is the billie bollox no question . Around 650hp and shed loads of torque and the sound of that big V8 is music . I think it must have air assisted brakes coz you get that sound that a big lorry makes when you come off them .  Went past a few " nervous " drivers in Lambos and Ferraris who were apparently just popping to the shops . The flappy paddle gears were easy peasy . Right paddle for up , left for down and absolutely no lag at all . About 20 years ago I was good for a one min 28sec lap on my fireblade . I suspect the AMG would be good a one min 12secs just to put it in perspective . Totally wicked car .     

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Rich Rule said:

Nice one Stubby.

Which AMG was it?

It was the one with the long bonnet and low and wide . Rear wheel drive . . I will look up the specific model . Edit . I think its called AMG GT R Pro . It was very wide and low . I don't think it was standard but hey I dunnow .

Edited by Stubby

41 minutes ago, Stubby said:

It was the one with the long bonnet and low and wide . Rear wheel drive . . I will look up the specific model . Edit . I think its called AMG GT R Pro . It was very wide and low . I don't think it was standard but hey I dunnow .

A friend had one of those.  Nice car.

He sold it i on, for something more ridiculous.

• Haha 1