Mitsi L 200 advice

turkeywild

You know the drill by now !

Ive had ranger , isuzu , just thought i would get real life input on the l200

looking at 2015 on, mk 5 i think, not the new one

I wont be towing, just strimmers,blowers, tools etc and weekend use to chuck bikes/bbq  etc in

Cheers again

I've a 2013 L200. About 80000 miles on the clock. Had it about 7 years now. Had a new diesel tank a couple of years ago, as old one was weeping. Apart from that it's been no trouble at all, except for the usual leaf springs, brakes etc. Engine never missed a beat

They suffer badly from rust on chassis ..so give that a good check and get treated as first priority !!  I used 5 cans on motorcycle chain lube to do mine a couple of years ago , before any rust appeared , I think all such trucks are much the same on running costs / reliability etc but Hi lux is generally considered the best ...but ...are very expensive to purchase in comparison ...usual checks apply , has it had a hard life ? , mileage , service history etc ....

10 minutes ago, devon TWiG said:

They suffer badly from rust on chassis ..so give that a good check and get treated as first priority !!  I used 5 cans on motorcycle chain lube to do mine a couple of years ago , before any rust appeared , I think all such trucks are much the same on running costs / reliability etc but Hi lux is generally considered the best ...but ...are very expensive to purchase in comparison ...usual checks apply , has it had a hard life ? , mileage , service history etc ....

I recently saw my 05 D22 Navara which I sold to a mate years ago and he sold on etc etc . It is still going strong it seems . I painted the chassis with every other summer with Waxoil which must have helped . Also put half a bottle of Red Line deisel additive in every tank full . It was a great truck and I would buy it back for logs and shit jobs if I could .

I have a 64 plate single cab l200 which I have had from new. Got a good deal as they had a surplus at the time and the facelift model was just coming out. It has been pretty much faultless since new and only had tyres and brakes in the 54000 miles. Change the oil and filters every 12 months and hopefully it will continue 🤞