Husqvarna 540 problem

NickinMids

1 hour ago, doobin said:

Playing ‘parts bingo’!

To an extent you can’t blame them, it’s not their money, the parts are sitting there on the shelf.

The technician is under pressure to move on the the next strimmer/hedge cutter or whatever under the bench.

Which is why, as a pro you can’t afford to dick around, buy new.

14 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

There comes a time when you may consider stopping throwing good money after bad.

You’ve put nearly half the price of a new one trying to fix this one.

Get a brand new one, keep it for spares.

100 percent. 

Any more money would be wasted time and money and irritation on a saw that seems a bit of a nuisance. 

Buy another and chuck it on the workshop shelf for bits. I only used a 540 twice but recall thinking they had plenty of grunt. 

I was told a Mk3 is being released soon, (Honey Bros) No idea how accurate that is 

Looks like it might be a new one lol

No way I can take it totally to bits and get it back together…would end up putting a hammer through it lol

When it was working it would idle fine but after a short time of working fine it would stop or not re start or start and die. Maybe I should try and download a workshop manual and give it a go if I’m gonna park it anyway. Adw not sure where you are but don’t mind paying if you can sort. Let me know if your interested 

5 minutes ago, NickinMids said:

Looks like it might be a new one lol

No way I can take it totally to bits and get it back together…would end up putting a hammer through it lol

When it was working it would idle fine but after a short time of working fine it would stop or not re start or start and die. Maybe I should try and download a workshop manual and give it a go if I’m gonna park it anyway. Adw not sure where you are but don’t mind paying if you can sort. Let me know if your interested 

Dont torture yourself ..... 🙂 

Its been through a workshop a fair few times already, stick it on the shelf.... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NickinMids said:

Tricky, if it was just a weak idle then, if all else is OK, there is a fix that ADW and I have discussed before. Something I had worked out and he had "developed" at the same time with no connection....that may work.

See if he can sort it.

On the MS201/540XP...the MS201 is easier to work on and reasonably poky in the Mtronic version, the 540XP feels good and has the nice double clip for strop and belt but is a bitch to strip. I don't climb so have no views on that side of things. 

• Like 1

On 10/03/2023 at 17:10, Sviatoslav Tulin said:

I’m not very experienced in small mashinery ,but if I having not obvious problem I disassemble machine completely , usually i find a problem that way ,big dealers rarely do that if at all,so small independent Masters dealing with problem such as yours better.

funnily enough thats how i find most problems . the main one being now how the feck did this go ??