Anyone know the Timberwolf 13/75 chipper?

Ren

3 hours ago, Ren said:

the BFO towable Timberwolf which has rollers

Roller fed machines keep chipping for much longer after the blades are blunt, they just produce stringy chip and slow down on the stress control more than they should. For what you have there it'll probably go through fine, so if you need to hire from the same place probably a better option.

That stuff in your picture would go through my JoBeau as fast as you can chuck it in, should be absolutely fine.

Tempting! Middle of town and the wood is all green…suppose there are a few cold nights on the horizon, mind. 

Thanks again for all your support guys. The hire people clearly aren’t online much if they think the internet isn’ta good source of information.

Aye. The internet is full of shit. Ask Timberwolf instead. That’ll shut them up. 

They’re saying it’s fine in the same breath as not charging you bear in mind. Same thing as when I told a garage owner that my van went in full of diesel and came out half empty. Either they’d been very thorough with the emissions section of the test or someone had been nicking diesel from it. 
“My lads would never do that.” etc etc etc…

While he quickly unfolded £20 notes from his pocket with a look on his face that hoped I just took them and didn’t call the filth. 

Edited by AHPP
  • Like 1

Hire company technicians don’t use chippers and don’t understand how to keep them in best working order.

One hire machine (that I bought) had stock fencing around the roller shaft and they had sharpened the blades (circular Greenmech ones) by machining the front face, making them thinner, and moving them further away from the anvil.

A lot of prejudice against certain brands comes from hiring poorly set up examples.

Could be that taking a mass order/easy buck from hire companies can be counter productive for the brand as a whole.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rented a Rabaud drum chipper here in the same road I'm working in today during my GM150 crisis.

Asked to check the blades before hiring, refused to open it up telling me they were changed one weekend hire previously.

On site, nowt but long slow shreds dribbling out.

Called the hire shop who sent out a mechanic, opened it up and VOILA! ****************ed blades. Mechanic then accused ME of said blade ****************.

They have since then change the drum to one with hammers, more public resistant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Rented a Rabaud drum chipper here in the same road I'm working in today during my GM150 crisis.

Asked to check the blades before hiring, refused to open it up telling me they were changed one weekend hire previously.

On site, nowt but long slow shreds dribbling out.

Called the hire shop who sent out a mechanic, opened it up and VOILA! ****************ed blades. Mechanic then accused ME of said blade ****************.

They have since then change the drum to one with hammers, more public resistant.

What’s up with the 150? Three thousand words or less please. 

• Haha 4